Sign in to follow this  
mickhornet

Toulouse 56 Hornets 16.

Nothing to be ashamed of. A big part of our squad had not played for us before.

I feared the final score, being down 34-4 at ht, but the lads did not wilt badly in the 30 degree heat/humidity and to the pace/class of TO.  I just hope that nobody (from either side) will be the worse off from playing in those torrid conditions. Playing summer rugby takes on a new meaning when in the south of France, especially for part-time players.  Well done Hornets (and the travelling supporters) and hoping that you can take a lot more into next week's crucial home game - weather forecast a cool 21 degrees!  Will be interesting to see our team selection next week after all those debuts today.

10 hours ago, Bearman said:

Serious question, is the feud between TO and Rochdale over?

I'd like to think so. Kilshaw showed respect for TO13 in his comments and maybe realised he was a bit OTT at times last year. Good performance from Hornets in tough conditions. They kept going and looked strong at the end. A strong ref helped again so well done the RFL.

Toulouse also had four first choice players out and had two debutants so a good performance from them too.

The four DRs did well plus Foster but Hadden,Bennion, Crowley, Case and Massam were awesome.

A really enjoyable game. The first Hornets try was sublime....