Sign in to follow this  
Pedro

The last Straw.

The RFL in their wisdom have appointed our nemesis C Straw to referee our important match on Sunday against Bradford. After his abysmal display at Batley I'm glad I will be missing this match as watching him referee is not good for my blood pressure.

And ......Geoff Toovey finally confirmed as Bradford Bulls head coach.

We have to be up for this and all of our remaining 13 games- 5 wins min. I reckon - whatever the odds.

Bradford have won a game more than us so we should not be assuming a win. 

We need to get back on a winning run and fast.

I guess the faithful are still celebrating a very crucial win and one that will give us the impetus to finish strongly.  The conditions must have been torrid and to come from a 14-12 ht deficit to nil Bulls 2nd half a testament to our team work.  Hope the injury to Ant Walker is not serious and look forward to reading how the new recruits fared. Still a lot to do and Batley's 70-12 win over Sheffield indicates the challenges ahead.  Our and Oldham's results against Dewsbury will help shape the outcome.  12 games inc. Shield to come - 4/5 wins could be enough to be in Championship 2018.

A great performance from every player. They all stepped up to the mark and never took a backward step. The defence alone was worth the admission money. I lost count of how many times we had two and three sets to defend on our own line.

Yates was given the man of the match for Hornets but he was run very close by Middlehurst I think. every other player was very close behind those two.

The referee Straw was a complete waste of time for both teams and is a very long way from the finished article.

The match was watched by a large crowd in sweltering heat. The first half lasting nearly 60 minutes with water breaks. 

This was a must win game and will give the lads the confidence for the remaining games.

Once again a great performance in brutal conditions against a very strong physical Bradford team.

League Weekly gave Straw 35% same as at Batley.Called the 12-3 penalty count for the Bulls extraordinary The cunning plan to give Bradford  a helping hand worked the other way.inspiring Hornets.

12 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Their all absolutely bobbins.

Not all no,We have a good ref tomorrow in Liam Moore.He was excellent at the Bash.Penalty try against the Roughyeds!  

8 minutes ago, mickhornet said:

Not all no,We have a good ref tomorrow in Liam Moore.He was excellent at the Bash.Penalty try against the Roughyeds!  

The general standard of officiating in the game is poo.That's probably why crowds have decreased over the years,lets see if the game is still going in say 20 years.

Straw was the best referee I've seen all season today.

Very few penalties in the game and he kept the game flowing for both sides.

On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:13 PM, Wazman said:

Straw was the best referee I've seen all season today.

Very few penalties in the game and he kept the game flowing for both sides.

Perhaps he just doesn't like us.Cant really forecast what kind of game you are going to get from any of them. 

On 26/06/2017 at 8:22 AM, DaveButt said:

Best you have seen!. Hope you enjoyed your first game of the season then.

Not missed a game and Straw kept the game flowing for both sides.

Saying that both teams discipline was spot on so maybe it's an area your team needs to address ?

On 6/27/2017 at 10:52 AM, Wazman said:

Not missed a game and Straw kept the game flowing for both sides.

Saying that both teams discipline was spot on so maybe it's an area your team needs to address ?

Scored a 30/100 then a 35/100 and then 70/100 for your game. He has obviously had the proverbial boot up the backside that was very much needed.