Ben Proe

He seems to be commentating in a greater number of matches this season. Whilst I wasn't initially impressed with him, I do think he's improving to be quite a good commentator. Certainly better than Bill Arthur but not as good as Dave Woods in my opinion. I wonder if Sky are lining him up to take over from Eddie eventually 

18 hours ago, Auntie Linzi Morris said:

Ben Proe.

"Celebrates his nth birthday on insert any day within a fortnight or so of the match being commentated upon."

I remember someone asking who was the work experience lad when he first appeared.

I don't think he's too bad and like someone has allready said, he's a better commentator than Bill Arthur. Nothing against the women but how is Angela powers still working for sky. Her aftermatch interviews are cringe worthy and every time she speaks on air it sounds like her first time. 

Isn't it just because Eddie really hates the 'distraction' of the Challenge Cup and won't go anywhere near it?

I think Ben is ok - he certainly doesn't try to be deliberately 'challenging' like Studd, or moan endlessly about inconsequential things like Eddie.

Proe and Arthur just describe the game with a minimum of fuss and flourish, which is fine by me.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived