Today's game

DEANO

Probably the right result. I thought haven had that bit more pace and power that said we could/ should have snatched a draw. 3 late on high shots without a team warning.... really. Ultimately the game was decided in the first few minutes with what looked like a perfectly good try ruled out. Great game though. I take my hat off to both teams playing in that heat. Something special happening down at the Knights 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Deano,

definitley more power than us, however pace wise I thought we had them , when we moved the ball left and right and the times our halves ran at their  line we stood them up almost at will just couldn't quite find that final pass enough times. 

I wish we had tried the chip over a couple of times as that would have hurt them as reckon DFJ would have troubled them in the open, he certainly diid most of the game, as did Tommy. 

Great showing by all and despite losing thoroughly enjoyed my Father's Day, managed to get the wife and both daughters there as well. 

Thanks to all the team and Fordy as you say we are going places. 

andypk.gif

Hopefully the injured prop we signed from Rochdale will bring the forward grunt we need. If we had their number 10 then we'd have won. Just lacked composure at crucial times, but never the less it was a good performance from the Knights against a decent Whitehaven side 

Whitehaven lacked some compsure at times too which certainly helped us out, some erratic whistle blowing today from bloke with a very tenuous grasp of reality really marred the match, both teams deserve full respect for their efforts today, it was knackiering just sat watching so god knows how they played such a high tempo match. Thought dfj had a real good match despite repeated attempts to knock his head off. 

Yes both teams a credit to league 1 haven a good side, we need now to put it together for the full 80.

We normally get hammered at Keighley so next week is a great chance to bounce back.

Come on knights let's do it.

Thanks to both teams today for the performance that they put in. Don't really agree with the criticism of the ref. Thanks to all the Haven fans that I spoke to, they were really knowledgeable about the state of affairs at the start of the season.A great set of fans who obviously go great lengths to support their team away from home. Best wishes for the rest of the season, unless we meet you in the play off's. 

Hats off to both teams for serving up 80 mins. of nail biting entertainment in blistering, energy sapping heat. And well done to both sets of fans for creating a fantastic atmosphere.

Absolutely gutted we couldn't knock over one of those late penalties to get a draw but c'est la vie.

After conceding 2 tries early in the second half giving Haven what turned out to be a wining, lead the commitment and effort shown by the Knights to get back into the game was remarkable.

Proud to be a Knights fan and really looking forward to a win a Keighley next week.

Great game of rugby which had just about everything, I think Haven would've been unlucky had they not come away with the win so I'm not that disappointed with the final result, saying that 2 of those 3 penalties should've been slotted over.

It's not a criticism because it's a developing team and to play in that heat was an immense effort, however I feel York lack a bit of leadership at times - Spears and Presley are able to provide that but understandbly Spears can't do the full 80 and Presley is reducing his playing time. As Peter Martini in his excellent reports states, York need to find a way to stop being gallant losers in these type of matches, I think a 'been there done that' halfback or second rower would really help guide the team in the tough parts of those type of matches.

Anyway, well played Whitehaven, best set of fans I've seen at Bootham this season and a great crowd too.

Onto Keighley.....

2 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

Great game of rugby which had just about everything, I think Haven would've been unlucky had they not come away with the win so I'm not that disappointed with the final result, saying that 2 of those 3 penalties should've been slotted over.

It's not a criticism because it's a developing team and to play in that heat was an immense effort, however I feel York lack a bit of leadership at times - Spears and Presley are able to provide that but understandbly Spears can't do the full 80 and Presley is reducing his playing time. As Peter Martini in his excellent reports states, York need to find a way to stop being gallant losers in these type of matches, I think a 'been there done that' halfback or second rower would really help guide the team in the tough parts of those type of matches.

Anyway, well played Whitehaven, best set of fans I've seen at Bootham this season and a great crowd too.

Onto Keighley.....

We missed Ellis big time yesterday, with him playing we would have won.

11 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

We missed Ellis big time yesterday, with him playing we would have won.

I thought that too, just that little bit more experience.

22 hours ago, Shadow45 said:

Hopefully the injured prop we signed from Rochdale will bring the forward grunt we need. If we had their number 10 then we'd have won. Just lacked composure at crucial times, but never the less it was a good performance from the Knights against a decent Whitehaven side 

Agree with all that, for too many matches some of our forwards have been killing themselves battling against bigger and heavier players, its bound to take its toll. Because of that our players deserve more than a pat on the back for their efforts.

As suggested in other posts Ellis may have provided that little bit of extra composure to turn the game but it was obvious early on that the Haven defence was a different proposition to what we faced last week.

And those goal kicks, if they'd been on the touchline fair enough but chuffin ell:scare:

Big thanks to all the players on both sides for their efforts in such gruelling conditions.

Archived