Sign in to follow this  
Blotto

Mcnamara new Head Coach at Les Cats

Great news. Now he's much nearer home, his critics on here can have a field day.

• Like 3

That might seal the relegation. Could be a disaster for Cats. Need to bring in a new face or two or try will be seriously outgunned in the middle 8

Good luck to him. I really enjoyed watching England with him at the helm and Catalans are my 2nd team so I hope they can play an entertaining style and do well next year.

• Like 3

as a bulls fan, I hope he's hired a translater to transcribe his Bumper Volume of Excuses into French.

A likeable guy and hopefully he has benefitted from his NRL experience. This Catalan side is playing the worst football I can recall for the club. If he can turn them around, well done.

McNamara and Richard Agar have so much in common. If you stick around long enough people start to wrongly believe you know what you are doing, even if your record shows you don't have a clue.

I have a lot of time for Steve McNamara.  There are few people, in any profession, who will travel half way across the world in order to improve their craft and learn from others in the toughest of environments.  So many are happy to be big fish in small ponds.

When McNamara took over the national team they were in the most shambolic state that I can remember (which is saying something).  Not only did he completely and utterly professionalise the coaching setup and management of the team, he also took their performances to another level and we started produce some very good performances.

If you want to analyse the McNamara contribution, think of it this way.  Imagine if Wayne Bennett had been the coach handing over to McNamara and the team selections and performances from Bennett were McNamara's and vice versa.  We would certainly be stating that McNamara had taken all the progress the best coach in his generation had made and ruined it!

Maybe, just maybe, McNamara is a better coach than we give him credit for.

I wish him all the best at Catalan.

• Like 6

Fractions away from success shouldn't be forgotten and only remembered as as 'still lost'.  Couldn't wish for a more dedicated coach, but has his hands full at Catalans.

• Like 2

I wonder what Steve McNamara's diplomatic skill are like. He will need to have some in his relations with the Catalans Chairman if he is to succeed with the team.

On another matter, I wonder if Steve McNamara, having been a deputy at Sydney Roosters for so long, will sign currently club-less Shaun Kenny-Dowell, whom he must know well, for Catalans.

Edited by Manfred Mann