I like a bet, I think Wigan are a great price at 9/2 for the grand final. With players back they will now kick on and as seen recently cas are no world beaters? What's people's thoughts?

I took Leeds EW at 8/1 the other day. Look likely to make top 4 and looked good value.

Salford look decent value to win gf and Challenge cup (individually).

Edited by Gates1

1 hour ago, Col81 said:

I like a bet, I think Wigan are a great price at 9/2 for the grand final. With players back they will now kick on and as seen recently cas are no world beaters? What's people's thoughts?

I think the Warrior's luck and the Loiner's good fortunes are with them both this year and it'll make a good final.

In terms of the market for winning grand final IMO:

Cas - evens.  Terrible value far too short.

Wigan - 9/2.  Terrible value based on them having a big challenge to get a top 4 spot. (If you want to chance it they are 6/1 on sky bet).

Leeds - 5/1 Decent option, although odds too stingy for an each way bet really now.

Hull - 7/1 Good each way option.

St Helens - 10/1 Tough ask to make top 4 with 6 points to make up on 4th place.

Salford - 12/1 Again decent odds for an each way punt.

Wakey - 50-1 value compared to others but not convinced they have enough to get to the final.

Edited by Gates1

23 minutes ago, Col81 said:

ok so who do people fancy then cas are very very poor value i wouldnt put a penny on them

Not got a crystal ball, but all things considered Leeds, Hull and Salford (EW) are the only 3 bets I'd consider.

48 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

In terms of the market for winning grand final IMO:

Cas - evens.  Terrible value far too short.

Wigan - 9/2.  Terrible value based on them having a big challenge to get a top 4 spot. (If you want to chance it they are 6/1 on sky bet).

Leeds - 5/1 Decent option, although odds too stingy for an each way bet really now.

Hull - 7/1 Good each way option.

St Helens - 10/1 Tough ask to make top 4 with 6 points to make up on 4th place.

Salford - 12/1 Again decent odds for an each way punt.

Wakey - 50-1 value compared to others but not convinced they have enough to get to the final.

Based on those odds... if I were a gambling man I would go for a few quid on Leeds.

Just now, Dunbar said:

Based on those odds... if I were a gambling man I would go for a few quid on Leeds.

Inclined to agree.  I got them at 8/1 a few weeks back which now looks a nice bet (at 8/1 I did them each way, paying 1/3 if they make the final.).

I just think that Wigan if they make semis will win it they have the hunger and Wane will fire them up plus they have the Refs helping them too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 minutes ago, Col81 said:

I just think that Wigan if they make semis will win it they have the hunger and Wane will fire them up plus they have the Refs helping them too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too big an if for my liking though!

I have a tenner on Leeds to win the Cup at 7/1 (from a couple of rounds back) . I would back them 

Hull each way isn't a bad shout either

Wigan would be a better bet for the cup (depending on odds and still hoping Salford knock them out)

9/2 isn't so bad just to reach the GF.  If you support them, back them for interest.

Ive backed Hull FC for the last 3 years, every game.  But you have to bet selectively with whatever plusses or minuses you can, to win.  Distancing yourself from being a fan, for a brief moment, is the only way.  

If Wigan win EVERY game including the super 8's they finish on 40 points.

Hull salford and leeds need to win 9 out of the last 12 and wigan won't be able to catch them.

These 3 teams have only lost 6 each all year. Will they now lose 4 out of the next 12? I doubt it.

Wigan won't make the top 4. Terrible bet.

1 minute ago, Jack Russell said:

If Wigan win EVERY game including the super 8's they finish on 40 points.

Hull salford and leeds need to win 9 out of the last 12 and wigan won't be able to catch them.

These 3 teams have only lost 6 each all year. Will they now lose 4 out of the next 12? I doubt it.

Wigan won't make the top 4. Terrible bet.

How can someone's own choice be terrible?  

He wants advice, im giving it. It was my post, my comment, my choice to say terrible bet, not me saying it should be his choice by any means.

Ok ok ok, in my opinion it is a terrible bet and I would advise against it.

I too like the look of Leeds and fancy the big game experience of McDermott to pull off a win in a one-off big game.

I'd like to see Salford win the cup just to generate a bit of interest in that part of the world.   Always nice to have a new name in there too.

I've had a look at the odds now.  Wigan and Leeds are both 6/1 with Ladbrokes to win it. 

If Wigan were closer to a top 4 place then they would probably be second favourites. So I think 6/1 is a fair price and if they do reach top 4 you will have a good bet running. However Leeds are the same price and are virtually guaranteed a Top 4 place?

I don't watch too much super league so I am just basing it on the prices. I think there is a good bet there somewhere because Castleford are so short. Presuming Wigan do make it then they would be 4th and away to Castleford? As that would be difficult to call, then an ew bet on whichever is the best team of the other 3 could be value.

22 hours ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Wigan need to win 10 of their last 12 games just to have a  slim chance of reaching the top 4...not going to happen

9/2 is a terrible, terrible price...

and that assumes that they stay injury free and the long term injury players return in top game form. And that salford leeds wakefield hull collapse, reality is wigan in the final seven could be a team not to play

Know I think about it Leeds do look a good bet. What about saints chances with Barba? I support saints. I Will place a bet later possibly will do Leeds been swayed

4 minutes ago, Col81 said:

Know I think about it Leeds do look a good bet. What about saints chances with Barba? I support saints. I Will place a bet later possibly will do Leeds been swayed

Similar to Wigan, Saints have too much ground to make up for my liking and Barba is unlikely to feature in the short term with his bank to complete.