Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Nicholas

Great Get Together

Kevin Nicholas    605

It certainly was a GREAT get together.

We are absolutely delighted today reflecting on the event yesterday. It is only just sinking in what a totally wonderful occasion it was. Jo's family , friends and supporters are achieving very special things in her name and we as a Club are very proud of them. That result and performance was remarkable and was the icing on the cake.

Taking into account where Sheffield are in our League and the event itself that goes down as one of the best days in the history of our Club and is certainly one to remember. A big thankyou to everybody who came & helped to make it the occasion it was.

• Like 12

greavesy    238

Superb day from start to finish. Even the sun shone for the event. One of my most enjoyable visits to the mount in many a year. Lets hope some of the new visitors come back for more .

• Like 2

doggystyle    119
13 minutes ago, greavesy said:

Superb day from start to finish. Even the sun shone for the event. One of my most enjoyable visits to the mount in many a year. Lets hope some of the new visitors come back for more .

Here here. Hoping for many folk to return, be it disgruntled supporters or newbies from yesterday and anyone in between. 

Lone Drinker    176

It was a superb day Kevin and the team responded brilliantly. As with the pink weekends, the Jo Cox game last year and other such occasions, the club always seems to react superbly and entirely appropriately. Well done.

• Like 1

fredm    187

What steps were taken on Sunday to encourage those "first timers" or "infrequent attenders" to visit the Mount more often? Were match day flyers etc given out?

Kevin Nicholas    605

Thinking about it i think it is laziness as well as incompetance. The 3 Board members and Ceo their wives & children just sat back and lorded it up in the sun and never had the intelligence to even think about giving flyers out. Pathetic.

There again you knew that and try to point it out when given an opportunity as you knew full well no flyers were given out but always good to highlight the issue.

Nevertheless was a great day just a pity we didnt do a bit better. Nevermind we will continue to try harder and i will remind all concerned that they didnt work hard enough. Problem is if say that to Beverley i might be homeless and to the others might be friendless with no BOD or CEO then will have noone to sack the coach next time we lose.

I can discuss all these issues when on Pink walk in London as long as it doesnt spoil what i hope will be another great day for the Club.

I have bitten and posted on here again when friends advise me not to. Again sorry

Lets be positive if things are being mentioned on here about off field things it must mean things on field are hopefully getting better so onwards & upwards.

Cant wait for Rochdale away when can sit back have a beer and enjoy Rugby League. Hope Supporters bus, Woodman bus & Bulldog cars are full and we have good support.

• Like 3

M Hopkins    190

Keep doing what you are doing Kevin. I am baffled at people trying to find negatives out of Sunday. 

Was a great day and a great game of Rugby League. 

Well done to Matt Diskin and the coaching staff too. They too deserve a bit of praise after all the stick they have got this season (some absolutely vile comments too after some of the games by one or two individuals). But I would say that as I am a "Dumb F-ing Happy Clapper".

Heads up Bulldogs and let's see if we can continue our run of good performances can continue against Rochdale. 

• Like 1

BatleyBird    2

I think the day itself was enough to encourage people to come back if they're so inclined. It's easy enough to find out when the next home match is......

I for one had a fabulous day. Yes, the weather and the performance/result helped but I can't take anything away from the initiative and generosity that was required to make the day more special so thanks to everyone involved in making it happen. 

• Like 1

silverback    344
10 minutes ago, M Hopkins said:

Keep doing what you are doing Kevin. I am baffled at people trying to find negatives out of Sunday. 

Was a great day and a great game of Rugby League. 

Well done to Matt Diskin and the coaching staff too. They too deserve a bit of praise after all the stick they have got this season (some absolutely vile comments too after some of the games by one or two individuals). But I would say that as I am a "Dumb F-ing Happy Clapper".

Heads up Bulldogs and let's see if we can continue our run of good performances can continue against Rochdale. 

well have heard plenty a stuff this season but never that one, things are looking good at the moment but dont get too exited just yet,lots a things are said because fans of 30.40 years care a lot about whats gone on and dont like to see all the hard work ripped to bits by dumb decisions at times that just dident make sense.  no patting on backs too much just yet as to me it looks like the players have looked at themselves and decided to give it there all for the fans, there is plenty a fans missing and have been since good friday so plenty more to do to grab them back onboard.  i aint too fussed about winning every game or even been in top 4 so long as we play like we used to ala sunday every week.

:aggressive:and well done the staff for now..

UP THE DOGGIES.

• Like 1

Kevin Nicholas    605

Not getting too excited  but we are heading in right direction hopefully and i can tell you we do have a feel good factor round the place which is good. We should not look further than the next challenge which is Rochdale who beat Bulls last week & gave us a scare at home. Certainly looking forward to it though!

• Like 1

greavesy    238
56 minutes ago, Kevin Nicholas said:

Not getting too excited  but we are heading in right direction hopefully and i can tell you we do have a feel good factor round the place which is good. We should not look further than the next challenge which is Rochdale who beat Bulls last week & gave us a scare at home. Certainly looking forward to it though!

Yes Kevin they very nearly and probably deserved the points that day but the team performed a what I would term as the impossible and won the match. The Rochdale team that day was bolstered by 3 Warrington first team players who all shone for them. But that is what D/R produces. The week after they had none of those players.. Am well up for Sunday and hope we reproduce some of Sundays heroics. Team of the week by the way in the Leaguer.

doggystyle    119

I wouldn't have thought Fred was being malicious more observational. We all love our club or else we wouldn't be having such debates. There is a media issue which has often been mentioned,  and Kevin is also correct in pointing out that if this is being raised there is less to complain about on the field. I don't think petty point scoring is of any help (happy clapper referencing fits here).  

Let's all move on and look forward to Rochdale, and hopefully turning them over.

• Like 1

ernieone    192

Perhaps a small flyer with our up coming fixtures could of been produced and given out at the turnstile. 

I didnt go so cant comment but from what I hear it was a great day and the media coverage alone is great advertisement for the club.

Pleased to see Matt Diskin is finally getting to grips with the squad and that hopefully things will continue to improve on field - all Ive personally ever wanted to see this year is the team playing to the potential we know it has, which it hasnt up until the last couple of weeks - lets hope they can keep it up.

• Like 1

coolie    1,389

He's only getting to grip with things because 

Mi main man James Brown is back in the team ;)

Can't wait to see him.in red,amber & black ;)