Sign in to follow this  
Marauder

24/6/2017 Which game this weekend

Recommended Posts

Played for Nottingham Outlaws against Beverley yesterday which was a pretty competitive game for the first 75 minutes and we're (finally) starting to be able to put out a consistent team. Today I coached a joint Outlaws & Sherwood Wolf Hunt u14/15s team against NEW Ravens, Summer holidays are starting to bite but some really good tries scored and everyone seemed to enjoy it! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, the weekend started this evening at Crigglestone All Blacks. The hosts went down 28-6 to fellow Yorkshire League, Division Three strugglers Cutsyke Raiders. Enjoyable game despite incessant rain. Both teams very enthusiastic. Crigg probably had 70 per cent of possession and field position but lacked the flair to break down a stubborn Raiders defence. The visitors didn't help themselves by conceding a heap of penalties. 0-16 at half-time. Crigg's consolation try, converted from the touchline, came two minutes from the end. About 50 watching.

Edited by Hopping Mad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crossed the Pennines for a revisit to Rating Lane and Barrow Island's NCL home clash with Division Three leaders West Bowling. The visitors had much the better of the first and last 10 minutes, and won 36-26. Try count 5-6. Entertaining stuff in warm sunshine. Crowd about 130. Island are still playing on their weird back pitch (it's rubbish for spectating). No immediate prospect, I learned, of them switching to the relaid pitch, subject of a legal battle, outside the clubhouse. Shame.

Edited by Hopping Mad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question is will anyone play batley boys before they welcome Siddal 

 

if they don't play this weekend it's been a month without a game 

 

sounds brilliant for a premier league 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Question is will anyone play batley boys before they welcome Siddal 

 

if they don't play this weekend it's been a month without a game 

 

sounds brilliant for a premier league 

Players are slagged for little or no commitment but can you blame them when they don't know if they are playing from one week to the next, highlighted more at this time of the year with so much distraction

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats the reasons behind you not having a game for so long?

 

Teams crying off?

Teams folding?

Its not good trying to keep lads intrested then no game for long periods on plus side theyll be raring to go when you do finally play

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, topcentre21 said:

Whats the reasons behind you not having a game for so long?

 

Teams crying off?

Teams folding?

Its not good trying to keep lads intrested then no game for long periods on plus side theyll be raring to go when you do finally play

Both 

 

just frustrating we name a side on Thursday and come 7pm Friday game is called off 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/08/2017 at 2:43 PM, Keep The Faith said:

Question is will anyone play batley boys before they welcome Siddal 

 

if they don't play this weekend it's been a month without a game 

 

sounds brilliant for a premier league 

If I'm not mistaken north Hull knights play Batley this weekend at north Hull. So ive been informed I'm hoping as that's my fix for the weekend!! One things for sure with nhk when I've seem them there won't cry off there are a close knit group who fight for each other. I think there could pull a win off this Saturday. Either way be a good game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hullfan said:

If I'm not mistaken north Hull knights play Batley this weekend at north Hull. So ive been informed I'm hoping as that's my fix for the weekend!! One things for sure with nhk when I've seem them there won't cry off there are a close knit group who fight for each other. I think there could pull a win off this Saturday. Either way be a good game

Think NHK's are away, most Hull teams appear to travel, so possibility of a game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Both 

 

just frustrating we name a side on Thursday and come 7pm Friday game is called off 

 

Who's cryed off against you ? Running out of free weekends to get the games in now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Queensbury Donny toll bar 

 

NHK rang up last time at 1pm so this week is a catch up game we still need to play Bentley east hull and NHK again along with Siddal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Queensbury Donny toll bar 

 

NHK rang up last time at 1pm so this week is a catch up game we still need to play Bentley east hull and NHK again along with Siddal 

Outlaws final 3 home games are North Hull, Queensbury and Toll Bar. Hopefully we'll be able to play a couple of those but not sure how likely that is to be the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nhk have called it off majority of team on holiday and at a wedding. So I heared this morning. But then again was same person who told me there was at home lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

Outlaws final 3 home games are North Hull, Queensbury and Toll Bar. Hopefully we'll be able to play a couple of those but not sure how likely that is to be the case. 

Wouldn't hold your breath pal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno what's worst this years premier or the old Yorkshire winter league 

 

 

The RFL/ Yorkshire men's should make harsher punishments for clubs who fail to play after the second time it's been organised for a different date! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keep The Faith said:

I dunno what's worst this years premier or the old Yorkshire winter league 

 

 

The RFL/ Yorkshire men's should make harsher punishments for clubs who fail to play after the second time it's been organised for a different date! 

You would think at Premier leval all games would go ahead these teams should have most commitment and have an A team to support their 1st team but NO, as I said earlier then they wonder why players don't commit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Defender1 said:

You would think at Premier leval all games would go ahead these teams should have most commitment and have an A team to support their 1st team but NO, as I said earlier then they wonder why players don't commit 

As I said RFL should step in.. our club is losing out on investment due to not playing at home and it's not like we'd not have folk watching.. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

I dunno what's worst this years premier or the old Yorkshire winter league 

 

 

The RFL/ Yorkshire men's should make harsher punishments for clubs who fail to play after the second time it's been organised for a different date! 

 U asking for nhk to be punished, grow up its a hobby there don't have to play ur embarrassing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

 U asking for nhk to be punished, grow up its a hobby there don't have to play ur embarrassing

Sorry think what KTF is saying there should be punishment, when teams sign up to the league you accept you have to try to complete your fixtures both home and away. There are very few cancellations in the NCL as it is a £500 fine, two strikes and your relegated. In the NWC you are doked a point for cancelling. Also the fixture has already been called off before and NHK have committed to another date. As the season is coming to an end I suspect it will go down as a 24.0 to BB but that is not good for the players as now 5 weeks without a game. 

NHK knew what to expect when they left the Hull league, and why did they leave? To play at a better standard and they were sick of teams calling off

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

 U asking for nhk to be punished, grow up its a hobby there don't have to play ur embarrassing

I'm asking for teams who don't turn up to either be kicked out or fined

time for a proper premier league with the North West Countries like the NCL and make it strict if teams don't play then fine or kick them out , top 4 or 6 of each Yorkshire men's and NWC 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Twenty-four games scheduled in the Yorkshire League tomorrow (5/8). So far, 11 P-Ps. Looking like cricket again...

Edited by Hopping Mad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems winter or summer when a team is winning then other teams dont like travelling to them? Or am i missing something? 

 

Gone are the days of lets go and turn these over in their own back yard its more lets just play lesser teams we think we can win and make out we are world beaters

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Aug 2018

Rugby League World - Aug 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here