24/6/2017 Which game this weekend

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 2:43 PM, Keep The Faith said:

Question is will anyone play batley boys before they welcome Siddal 

if they don't play this weekend it's been a month without a game 

sounds brilliant for a premier league 

Summer

16 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

I dunno what's worst this years premier or the old Yorkshire winter league 

The RFL/ Yorkshire men's should make harsher punishments for clubs who fail to play after the second time it's been organised for a different date! 

They set an easy precedent whilst luring teams from the traditional season

4 hours ago, topcentre21 said:

It seems winter or summer when a team is winning then other teams dont like travelling to them? Or am i missing something? 

Gone are the days of lets go and turn these over in their own back yard its more lets just play lesser teams we think we can win and make out we are world beaters

Situation created by the RFL luring teams into the summer, we've now got players who know they can get a game 12 months of the year so unlike in my day when you walked off the park asking who we got next week, they now say do you fancy going to watch a concert., the amateur game should have been left alone, it wasn't hurting anything where it was and don't tell me summer is working at any level in the amateur game.

• Like 2

What happened to the barbecues bouncy castles and hiring ice cream vendors to make more money for your club? Six years in I've still to get a burger and a 99, too old for bouncy castle

• Like 1

WEST OF ENGLAND FINALS DAY
Saturday 12 August
Portway Rugby Development Centre
Bristol
BS9 2HS

PLATE FINAL
Swindon St George A vs  Gloucester Warriors
KO 1pm

GRAND FINAL
Swindon St George vs Oxford Cavaliers
KO 3pm

Nottingham vs North Hull off already. Not sure on the reasoning assuming Hull have cried off.

Wouldn't surprise me if Tollbar vs Bentley was also off. 

Great day of Masters RL this Saturday (12th) the Premier Sports North West Festival being hosted at Crosfields.

Festival kicks off at 1pm with twenty plus teams set to take part, free entry, all welcome!

Tollbar vs Bentley off. Tollbar can't raise a side.

Love it when there hammering sides but as soon as that stops they start giving games up. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RugbyLad said:

Tollbar vs Bentley off. Tollbar can't raise a side.

Love it when there hammering sides but as soon as that stops they start giving games up. 

Moorends players went back last season in the winter and only 2 or 3 went back for a game now and again in the summer, 2 of them have signed with Hunslet and I believe a couple have signed with one of the new pro London clubs

A work-related overnighter in Cumbria gave me a chance to watch Seaton Rangers host Hensingham in a Cumbria League midweek evening fixture. Nip-and-tuck throughout a bruising, high-speed encounter. Rangers led 8-6 early in the second half, but the visitors from Whitehaven clinched an 18-8 victory with tries in the 62nd, 73rd and 78th minutes. Kirkcudbrightshire hills visible across the Solway Firth on a balmy evening. Admission (£2) included a four-page programme. Crowd a shade over 200. Good stuff. Hensingham now joint top with Distington. The teams meet at Hensingham next Wednesday. Title decider?

Edited by Hopping Mad
  • Like 1

As mentioned Outlaws 1s game is off unfortunately, so I'll be playing for the 2s against Telford Raiders. Looking forward to it regardless, just glad to get a game, and back to fullback for the first time in a couple of months! 

• Like 1

On 11/08/2017 at 7:52 PM, Hopping Mad said:

A work-related overnighter in Cumbria gave me a chance to watch Seaton Rangers host Hensingham in a Cumbria League midweek evening fixture. Nip-and-tuck throughout a bruising, high-speed encounter. Rangers led 8-6 early in the second half, but the visitors from Whitehaven clinched an 18-8 victory with tries in the 62nd, 73rd and 78th minutes. Kirkcudbrightshire hills visible across the Solway Firth on a balmy evening. Admission (£2) included a four-page programme. Crowd a shade over 200. Good stuff. Hensingham now joint top with Distington. The teams meet at Hensingham next Wednesday. Title decider?

You paint a nice picture there. Balmy, mid-week evening fixture. Something for others to emulate?

On 13/08/2017 at 0:46 PM, audois said:

You paint a nice picture there. Balmy, mid-week evening fixture. Something for others to emulate?

The Cumbria and Yorkshire leagues seem lately to have rearranged quite a few matches for midweek evenings. Seems like a very good idea, avoiding summer Saturdays, when players, club officials and spectators often have other calls on their time. I wonder if it's a way forward for amateur rugby league? Tricky if opponents aren't fairly local, mind. Several pics from the Seaton-Hensingham match (and many others) on my flickr site: https://www.flickr.com/photos/feversham/

Edited by Hopping Mad

1 hour ago, topcentre21 said:

Can imagine its tricky to play midweek for some with shift work or working away from home?

Yes, I imagine so. There's no simple solution!

• Like 1

I mentioned this before that we had a massively oversubscribed midweek game on another thread.  You need lights though and that's much easier said than done in some parts of the UK.  The tribulations of Crockenhill FC in getting floodlights, which cost them senior football, are well documented on the internet.