Sign in to follow this  
RobertAM

Wolfpack vs Hunslet

2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

DDGw28kWsAErAUJ.jpg

That is a great pick. Thanks for sharing. My mate use to live around the corner from there before they tore down everything to put up those massive glass tower blocks. 

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Its getting us down on this end a little Roughyedz...here we are fighting it out in the hinterlands , trying to win over one fan at a time from all of the other big sports in one of the most competitive sports markets on the planet..doing our very best to stay positive whilst they sit back in the heartlands eating pot pies and slurping back the best pale ales in the World...its not fair...its alot like WW!... with us in the hinterlands in the front line trenches...going into No Mans Land every day while they conduct the war back at home base in the clerical office...well positioned far from the front lines of battle (except for Bearman who is always ready for a go).

WE ARE IN HARD BATTLE OVER HERE DAMMIT!  WE NEED SUPPORT FIRE!

P.S.  Off in the car now with the boy for the long drive to the game and have to buy a beer for a Hunslet fan at the Brazenhead to talk tactics before the game...too bad Moose hadn't made the trip over!

How many do you think will be at the game Roughyedz (I'll check this post when I get home in the early morning to see f you are right!

I think the last home game of the Wolfpack was 7,600 or something similar, so if its around 100 more than that its another success, and as ive read on here somewhere there being no other pro sports events in the City, so its a 7,700. In the UK night games always have a great atmosphere, but they are usually played under floodlights, its not that late there is it ? 6.00pm or should i say 18 hundred hours .....lol . . . i do think it will be the toughest game yet for TW. . . See threres a chap with a Wolfpack flag with a small Portugese flag in the bottom left corner , is that you .....ha ha ha. Doesnt look as big a crowd as previous games , but there can be many factors for that ? maybe KO time

Edited by Roughyedz

On 6/22/2017 at 11:43 AM, Big Picture said:

Regrettably, I'm inclined to agree that Montréal is likely further behind than Usonian — the US being only one of 35 countries which are in America, that's the correct English word for the US national identity — cities for one simple reason: language.  The days when a pro sports team could succeed there without a visage français are long behind us, as the management of the reborn Allouettes recognized back in the mid-1990s when they hired the fluently bilingual Larry Smith to be their president and subsequently looked to fill their Canadian roster spots with French-speaking players.  A quick glance at the MLS Impact de Montréal's roster shows that they too have many French-speaking players with the rest primarily drawn from the Latin part of America, so they understand that aspect of the Montréal market too.

That makes a higher hurdle for a future Montréal RL club: how do they incorporate the visage français required to win over the city's media and public and still field a competitive team able to justify the needed investment by moving up the league?

One way — admittedly a very edgy one — would be to base a club in Québec rather than Montréal and name them Les Patriotes de Québec after the Lower Canada rebels of 1837 and adopt the Patriotes' original colours of red, white and green, then book Le Vent du Nord for a concert at the home opener (post match assuming an early afternoon kickoff).  If the management, coach and let's say half of the players are francophones too, that could work well in my opinion.

Great effort from Hunslet, only watched it this morning and wish I hadn't looked the FT score up first to see if my prediction was right, which it was :clapping:. Would have had me a bit nervy at HT. Their fans also need a round of applause, saw some smiles from Craig Hall when they were singing.

• Like 6

Just now, amm said:

Great effort from Hunslet, only watched it this morning and wish I hadn't looked the FT score up first to see if my prediction was right, which it was :clapping:. Would have had me a bit nervy at HT. Their fans also need a round of applause, saw some smiles from Craig Hall when they were singing.

Amm the singing was tremendous...I've sent a letter to Moose about it in the thread on their team page "So Whos Going To Toronto"

The Hunslet fans were very vocal, but I noticed they were all bunched in one corner with a couple of police off to one side - did they feel they needed protection from the Wolf Pack?  :lol::lol:

I was surprised the attendance was a bit down, as the WP is getting more press - but I am wondering if the summer exodus to cottages has commenced.

Hunslet gave it a good go, but one thing I love about the WP is their defence - I think Hunslet had 6 or 7 sets continuous at the outset and still could not get through.  Toronto needs to work on their penalties, but I think the referee was attempting to set a tone and the WP were the receiving end of his mandate.

Hunslet was tired at the end, and that is where I thought the difference between a full time team and a part time team showed.

When all these teams start playing in the extreme heat of July its going to be very interesting to see what happens - if we get one of our typical +40C days in July or August I am almost afraid of how the boys on the field will fair.

I am going to watch the game again on cbc video and see what second impressions I get.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Amm the singing was tremendous...I've sent a letter to Moose about it in the thread on their team page "So Whos Going To Toronto"

Yes I've read that thread already whilst searching for a team sheet

met a lot of the Hunslet fans going to,in and around the stadium and particularly in the beer garden afterwards and they were all terrific folks. we could see them at the south end of the east side stands and they were having a whale of a time. Great effort from their boys and hope that the Knights fans and team put on as good a show next weekend. well done to all, enjoyed the night game immensely.

• Like 1

Just now, RobertAM said:

met a lot of the Hunslet fans going to,in and around the stadium and particularly in the beer garden afterwards and they were all terrific folks. we could see them at the south end of the east side stands and they were having a whale of a time. Great effort from their boys and hope that the Knights fans and team put on as good a show next weekend. well done to all, enjoyed the night game immensely.

You sure are asking alot from the Knights fans Robert...that is a very, very high standard indeed set by Hunslet...but watch out for a beer swilling guy named DEANO...word on the street is that he can drink beer like John Belushi and whale out a tune like Frank Sinatra!

• Like 2

This picture is all that is great about the sport. Love rugby league.

DDKTROiXUAAWZKH.jpg

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Kayakman said:

You sure are asking alot from the Knights fans Robert...that is a very, very high standard indeed set by Hunslet...but watch out for a beer swilling guy named DEANO...word on the street is that he can drink beer like John Belushi and whale out a tune like Frank Sinatra!

Well I do like a beer or two but am tone deaf

• Like 1

me too, but I find the more beer I drink the better I sound...

• Like 2