Sign in to follow this  
Therein73

Shameful South Stand behaviour......

"Froggies, D!ckheads, Foreigners, Golliwog"................. All from the mouth of one of South Stand's finest...... A WOMAN !!!!

That's just what we need to encourage people back with their kids: Foul language and racism..............  Good family entertainment -- Good work stewards, keep turning a blind eye and a deaf ear: Seems like we're paying their wages to make sure people don't bring others with them

Back to the North Stand next year for me............

For god's sake man,she was enjoying the game,get over it.Plus I bet she's been going a lot longer than you.

26 minutes ago, marko said:

For god's sake man,she was enjoying the game,get over it.Plus I bet she's been going a lot longer than you.

Lol that's a cracking excuse I think that was Goerring's defence at nurenburg too

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Lol that's a cracking excuse I think that was Goerring's defence at nurenburg too

Least I kept my insults within the laws of decency 

Votre not fit to ride a bicycle 

The referee's a la anchor 

Your so merde it's unbelievable 

Le GerrEmm onside

;)

• Like 1

To be fair, most of the stewards are not English and would not understand the nature of the comments. Therefore to say they turned a blind eye or deaf ear to it is a bit unfair.Rugby League is alien to them. 

2 hours ago, marko said:

Doesn't matter if it her first game or 1000th , it might be better if it's her last talk like that isn't welcome at RL grounds.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, FarOutRam said:

To be fair, most of the stewards are not English and would not understand the nature of the comments. Therefore to say they turned a blind eye or deaf ear to it is a bit unfair.Rugby League is alien to them. 

Here, take this shovel and keep digging. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marko said:

If that's what happens when she's enjoying the game, heaven help us when she isn't......Let's make sure the future supporters of our great club (i.e. the kids) are well out of earshot when it happens..........And what does it matter whether she's been going longer than me ?? How is that of any relevance to my post ??  ..... A great win today was soured by offensive and ill-judged (to be VERY kind) comments and the stewards KNOW who I'm talking about............unless they are all Pinball Wizards :negative:

18 minutes ago, Therein73 said:

If that's what happens when she's enjoying the game, heaven help us when she isn't......Let's make sure the future supporters of our great club (i.e. the kids) are well out of earshot when it happens..........And what does it matter whether she's been going longer than me ?? How is that of any relevance to my post ??  ..... A great win today was soured by offensive and ill-judged (to be VERY kind) comments and the stewards KNOW who I'm talking about............unless they are all Pinball Wizards :negative:

To be right mate your just making your self look a @illock.The South Stand will always steward its self, Either go to the North Stand or take up bowls.

Edited by EQUALIZER
  • Like 2

You're right, of course, Equalizer...... in these enlightened and fear-free times we shouldn't care at all about these sort of provocative things................ The self-stewarding is certainly doing the trick: I don't know why Mark pays for any stewards at all, I mean, we never fight amongst ourselves do we?????   Can you recommend a good bowls club, and whilst you're at it a safe and non-racist environment for the kids to go to to make sure they don't become future supporters of the club ????

Just asking.............I mean, you may know something worthwhile :search:

This whole thread is troubling to us over here...and I've caught some snippets of it myself on other threads.  Let me make it clear to anyone planning on coming to support their team if they ever play here.  Such behaviour WILL NOT EVER BE TOLERATED AT LAMPORT STADIUM...we don't want your ilk anywhere in our stands or our city.

5 hours ago, Kayakman said:

This whole thread is troubling to us over here...and I've caught some snippets of it myself on other threads.  Let me make it clear to anyone planning on coming to support their team if they ever play here.  Such behaviour WILL NOT EVER BE TOLERATED AT LAMPORT STADIUM...we don't want your ilk anywhere in our stands or our city.

We all like a bit of banter and I've used many a choice word particularly when refs are involved but if there were racist comments along the lines of Gollywog then that's just not acceptable.  Went to Whitehaven years ago when Eddie and Dennis were the subject of that sort of stuff and it's no place in the game.  

Youve got to remember too that if we put off one person from coming in the future we've hurt the club  

I do like the suggestion of self policing though. Always worth a go. Look How well it worked for those lads in Lord of the Flies! 

Well if this so called woman is behaving in that manner,then I would suggest that fellow supporters film her on their mobile phones and hand over the evidence to the Police and I am sure that West Yorkshire Police will investigate it,just like Greater Manchester Police(my local force)do,and in this day and age it would not be long before she is caught and arrested for what certainly appears to be racist behaviour.Dewsbury RL and indeed rugby league do not nee this type of person infesting grounds.

13 minutes ago, christheram said:

I think the threads abit over top. I've never heard no racists comments 

Never heard golliwog at all

All I heard was light hearted comments by a supporter who was in high spirits enjoying a great performance, I suggest Therein73 you take your paper thin skin and go back to the northstand before Rochdale..because you'll be getting all upset with "lancastrian ####" & "dirty Lancashire "

And stop bring attention to nothing...because it's very damaging are your rants about nothing and are completely over the top. 

6 minutes ago, Ackroman said:

There's no defence for racist and abusive behaviour. Only a medieval mind could think otherwise.

So ackroman you was obviously there

What did you hear???? 

1 hour ago, coolie said:

So ackroman you was obviously there

What did you hear???? 

Nothing. Does that mean my opinion on racism is invalid?

28 minutes ago, Ackroman said:

Nothing. Does that mean my opinion on racism is invalid?

Was you there?? 

10 hours ago, Kayakman said:

A fascinating post from an apparently clean living Canadian Lad.  Hope you are not a Lumberjack like the one from Monty Python, who enjoys the outdoor life but also has a darker side to his character.

Looks like you are in for a shock when you are fast-tracked into Super League.

All those rough men from Lancashire and Humberside are sure to trouble you!  Perhaps you would have been more at home in a Kick and Clap League.

Also, please refrain form using words such as 'ilk' when posting on a Rugby League Forum. Most Fans think it is an animal such as a Moose or Caribou and wouldn't dream of bringing one to your Stadium.

• Like 3

Blown out of all proportions 

This incident 

Hands up all those who are offended that are not any of the following 

1. Corbyns labour party

2. Looney left

3. Dudleydoogooders Inc 

4. Voted remain

As I thought.... Nobody

Jump on the bandwagon somewhere else as there's nothing to see here

Nevermind debate 

Turn your efforts to just causes like

Who pocketed the brass from grenfeld and made it unsafe like countless other blocks of flats

That current story has far more victims than this

Get things into prospective people.

1 hour ago, coolie said:

Was you there?? 

I was Coolie..........and everything I've said was said, WAS said.......... I don't believe I'm "bringing attention to nothing"... I do feel that I am bringing attention to unacceptable behaviour and poor stewarding -- both of which are potentially damaging for the future of the Club at a point when we are, IMO, on the verge of something very enjoyable and exciting.......... my skin is anything but paper thin, however that doesn't mean that people's sensibilities (young & old alike) aren't offended by this sort of Neanderthal garbage.

I know you was there

I was asking ackroman 

Everybody is entitled to an opinion.

Personally I didn't draw any offence to a woman saying froggys.. Just like I don't when I hear yanks,krauts,jars

The thought of not been able to call my local Chinese "the ******" is lost to an age where life didn't carry as many pigeon holes,labels or victim cards.

If the lady said golliwog, yes that was and is unacceptable. 

Have a walk down Saville town tonight and feel the recieving end of real venomous racism, or walk down from mount Pleasant on a Sunday afternoon and be attacked with your young children them been called "white b####" 

Then comeback

And tell me how insignificant your moan is

The woman was quickly mooted by her and your fellow fans.

Blasting it all over social media in the manner you have has not helped

Anybody.. 

If you feel aggrieved follow the correct channels where it can be dealt with in a proper way,rather than attracting every victim looking for a bandwagon 

The lady made mistake 

And she I'm sure won't do it again and will have learned a valuable lesson.

Let's just put it to bed now

Before its front page news.

• Like 6