Baitieri, Gigot and Bousquet among players not re-signed by Catalans

Stupor at Perpignan as Myler signed to Leeds, Walsh is off to Oz and Bosc is retiring.

Anderson, Baitieri, Horo, Perez, Simon, Bousquet and Gigot have not yet signed another contract.

It is rumoured at Gilbert Brutus that Perez, Horo and Gigot are going out, all for different reasons. Perez deemed not good enough, Horo to free up a quota space and Gigot is... Gigot-ing. Some say he's in contact with Toulon XV, some say he's not, who knows? He's not playing well at the moment and looks unsettled.

Anderson has been injured for years at this point while it seems unlikely they wouldn't sign Baitieri and Bousquet on long term contracts.

14 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Stupor at Perpignan as Myler signed to Leeds, Walsh is off to Oz and Bosc is retiring.

Anderson, Baitieri, Horo, Perez, Simon, Bousquet and Gigot have not yet signed another contract.

It is rumoured at Gilbert Brutus that Perez, Horo and Gigot are going out, all for different reasons. Perez deemed not good enough, Horo to free up a quota space and Gigot is... Gigot-ing. Some say he's in contact with Toulon XV, some say he's not, who knows? He's not playing well at the moment and looks unsettled.

Anderson has been injured for years at this point while it seems unlikely they wouldn't sign Baitieri and Bousquet on long term contracts.

Oh well, at least the dragons u19's won again and are playing some great RL. If Catalan can hang on and avoid relegation from super league for the next 2-3 years we could maybe see an emergence of young French talent to take the dragons forward.

1 minute ago, walter sobchak said:

Oh well, at least the dragons u19's won again and are playing some great RL. If Catalan can hang on and avoid relegation from super league for the next 2-3 years we could maybe see an emergence of young French talent to take the dragons forward.

In the words of the great Ray Davis "Darling that would be marvellous!"

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

In the words of the great Ray Davis "Darling that would be marvellous!"

Of course it would help no end if the dragons could become a little more stabilized. Wholesale changes of personnel and getting rid of your best players every season especially the French players would help.

4 minutes ago, Fabou said:

gigot to 15? he will be bored to death and back the year after

He wouldn't get a game anyway.

His kicking is poor. He would just be joining the list of French League guys stolen by Toulon for one year (Ben Garcia, Goudemand, now Gigot?)

8 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

His kicking is poor. He would just be joining the list of French League guys stolen by Toulon for one year (Ben Garcia, Goudemand, now Gigot?)

But he'll be richer. I'd like to see him at Leeds, Wigan or saints.

3 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

Of course we have no way of knowing what goes on inside clubs but Bousquet always seems to put a lot of effort in

Just now, super major said:

Of course we have no way of knowing what goes on inside clubs but Bousquet always seems to put a lot of effort in

He could be one of the top props in the game but he's been used off the bench, at loose forward, at second row where he misses a lot of tackles. He's the heaviest in the team but he's always trying to correct other guys mistakes in defense, trying to run down backs when they break free.

As for Gigot, he's a centre. He's built for centre, not fullback. Anybody telling him he's a fullback is lying. He shouldn't be in the spine of any team, his decision making is dreadful.

5 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

He could be one of the top props in the game but he's been used off the bench, at loose forward, at second row where he misses a lot of tackles. He's the heaviest in the team but he's always trying to correct other guys mistakes in defense, trying to run down backs when they break free.

As for Gigot, he's a centre. He's built for centre, not fullback. Anybody telling him he's a fullback is lying. He shouldn't be in the spine of any team, his decision making is dreadful.

I actually think he could.  Sure he's been apt to drop the ball - less so this season - but he runs hard, gives his all.  Takes some stopping from close in and would go well at any SL.

Baitieri is waiting to activate his extra optional year, they put it back as the new coach was arriving, they need to keep bousquet, I've heard Anderson to either limoux or villeghailanc to play a last season with his brother who is the player coach, 

2 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Baitieri is waiting to activate his extra optional year, they put it back as the new coach was arriving, they need to keep bousquet, I've heard Anderson to either limoux or villeghailanc to play a last season with his brother who is the player coach, 

So this is just a case of SM yet to make a decision on any of them?

49 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Gigot played no.6 for TO13 yonks ago and he struggled to make an impression but maybe he's matured a bit now and could retry that position ?

1 hour ago, oiseau said:

Gigot played no.6 for TO13 yonks ago and he struggled to make an impression but maybe he's matured a bit now and could retry that position ?

Does he need to though? He was one of the top centres in the league, if I were him I'd go play centre elsewhere in SL.

6 hours ago, yipyee said:

Yes he can be Wigans 3rd full back or saints 4th full back!

Or he could be their 1st choice centre. His best position.

17 hours ago, Hvy wg said:

toulon boss should invest in a franchise in Super league :D

Is Radradra still going there?

1 hour ago, dunno much said:

Yep unfortunately

ok... i think i read somewhere that he was going there but only one year, that we was already looking for returning to NRL after one season... And I think I also read almost the same about Koirobete (ex storm) who is falling asleep playing 15 in Melbourne and who plan to return to the nrl next season...

Archived