A travesty if Cas don't win the GF

I have always liked Cas since the Classy Cas tag of years gone by and like most neutrals would love them to win the Grand Final , but their are a few good sides at the top this year as always and a few injuries at the wrong time and a slight dip in form and who knows , but all the best on that front Cas , bring it home .

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 01/07/2017 at 7:43 PM, redjonn said:

The problem is [in my opinion] the the lack of value attributed to winning the LLS.  The GF is now the "be all and end all"...

The LLS is one reason why British RL is inferior.

Learn to listen without distortion and learn to look without imagination.

I'd like to see the Tigers v the Red Devils but TGG always lets you down in wishes and dreams unless you're among the usual suspects of course!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

4 hours ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Leeds isn't in the Wakefield met area.

9,000 is just that, the population of the town of Castleford is immaterial. The Wakefield metropolitan area has a population(I'm guesstimating here) of going on for half a million people, and is supposed to have a strong rugby league culture. There should be huge crowds and massive interest in a team as successful as, and playing the kind of football that the tigers do. In their own individual way, all three professional clubs are letting the area and the sport down.

Who said Leeds was in the Wakey area ? What I'm simply pointing out is within a short distance (Leeds 16 miles, Wakefield 9.7 miles & Featherstone 5 miles) you have successful teams within their own right, Cas are at the moment attracting roughly 25% of the population of Castleford, if Leeds was attracting 25% of it's population they'd be getting 195,000

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 2:55 AM, goldcoaster said:

I'm not a Cas fan, but if they are not the champions at OT at season's end, it will be an absolute travesty of justice. This Cas team is the feel good story of the year in this sport and they deserve to be the champions. The game in the UK, stifled by the predictability of the same 3 clubs winning the title each year NEEDS Cas to win it. It would be awful (from a neutral perspective), if a Leeds, Wigan or Saints win the title this year.

Surely they are every neutral's 2nd favourite team and it just wouldn't be fair if they were not crowned champions at season's end.

hey hang on a minute ! there is a long way to go in the season yet . Cas have yet to qualify for the GF . Up to this stage of the season Cas have played some great stuff , but the season id far from over

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

3 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

hey hang on a minute ! there is a long way to go in the season yet . Cas have yet to qualify for the GF . Up to this stage of the season Cas have played some great stuff , but the season id far from over

salford will get the win imo. if not them, then wigan :D

35 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Who said Leeds was in the Wakey area ? What I'm simply pointing out is within a short distance (Leeds 16 miles, Wakefield 9.7 miles & Featherstone 5 miles) you have successful teams within their own right, Cas are at the moment attracting roughly 25% of the population of Castleford, if Leeds was attracting 25% of it's population they'd be getting 195,000

So what? If you think 9000 turning up to watch a team playing like Castleford are performing in a massive conurbation where rugby league matters is ok, well good for you. I don't. The tigers should be attracting at least twice as many as that every other week. Instead we have three clubs. One in a city that for the first time in its 20 year history in super league is being competitive, which plays in a tip attracting few spectators, another club in a former pit town which has done wonders to enhance its facilities and it's off field operation, but which could never be competitive in super league. What a waste, and all in the interest of pathetic tribalism

3 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

and all in the interest of pathetic tribalism

Er ............isn't sport essentially about one thing more than any other, ...... and isn't that pure, unadulterated, dyed in the wool, one sided, biased, can't see the wood for the trees, blinkered tribalism?

If not what's it for?

13 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

So what? If you think 9000 turning up to watch a team playing like Castleford are performing in a massive conurbation where rugby league matters is ok, well good for you. I don't. The tigers should be attracting at least twice as many as that every other week. Instead we have three clubs. One in a city that for the first time in its 20 year history in super league is being competitive, which plays in a tip attracting few spectators, another club in a former pit town which has done wonders to enhance its facilities and it's off field operation, but which could never be competitive in super league. What a waste, and all in the interest of pathetic tribalism

Mate, can Cas's stadium hold much more than 9k? It always looks pretty full on TV

11 minutes ago, goldcoaster said:

It always looks pretty full on TV

Yes and they're all too engaged in rampant tribalism, they look like a rapture moment at the local Wesleyan! I can't think what's come over them.

17 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Another nonsense post about the fictional super power that a merged team would be.

Shows an absolute lack of understanding of what supporting a team is about.  Three of the key components are identity, belonging and tradition.  These components are what you appear to describe as 'pathetic tribalism'.  

Should Hull and Hull Kr merge? Surely a big city club like Hull, who won a comp last year, are in the top 4 should be attracting more than 18k per week by your calculations!

Your talking absolute garbage.

2 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Three of the key components are identity, belonging and tradition.  These components are what you appear to describe as 'pathetic tribalism'.  

That's dressing up bias, preference and prejudice to make it look like you could take them home to meet your parents.Whatever happened to calling a spade a spade?

40 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Er ............isn't sport essentially about one thing more than any other, ...... and isn't that pure, unadulterated, dyed in the wool, one sided, biased, can't see the wood for the trees, blinkered tribalism?

If not what's it for?

If you are a blinkered tribalist yes. If you care about the actual sport, no: it's ruinous. Sometimes it's nenecessary to put ones own self serving desires to one side. 

2 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

If you are a blinkered tribalist yes. If you care about the actual sport, no: it's ruinous. Sometimes it's nenecessary to put ones own self serving desires to one side. 

Now you're just being blinkered and silly about your own tribal preferences for expansion etc;)

"put ones own self serving desires to one side" You do know you're on a TGG forum don't you?

Be your age Tongs,:D

20 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Another nonsense post about the fictional super power that a merged team would be.

Shows an absolute lack of understanding of what supporting a team is about.  Three of the key components are identity, belonging and tradition.  These components are what you appear to describe as 'pathetic tribalism'.  

Should Hull and Hull Kr merge? Surely a big city club like Hull, who won a comp last year, are in the top 4 should be attracting more than 18k per week by your calculations!

Your talking absolute garbage.

It is a fiction. There isn't the open mindedness to make it work. What traditions are you referring to? Any chance of a list? Hull KR are big clubs capable of being a force in the sport and attracting big audiences. Why would they merge? By the way I never mentioned mergers. I suggest you acquire some civility. 

2 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

I suggest you acquire some civility. 

Is this cut and pasted from a parky post?

Just now, Tongs ya bas said:

It is a fiction. There isn't the open mindedness to make it work. What traditions are you referring to? Any chance of a list? Hull KR are big clubs capable of being a force in the sport and attracting big audiences. Why would they merge? By the way I never mentioned mergers. I suggest you acquire some civility. 

Why aren't these big Hull clubs achieving the 18k attendences that you are talking about then? (apparently this is a benchmark for what Cas should acheiving).

Why aren't Saints getting 18k? Why aren't Wigan?  

Is it because it's a nonsense figure?

Why should Cas be acheiving 18K attendences? How would they do this, with no ground in the vicinity even cable of hosting these attendences.

I suggest you acquire a better understanding of the issue you are talking about.

6 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

Why aren't these big Hull clubs achieving the 18k attendences that you are talking about then? (apparently this is a benchmark for what Cas should acheiving).

Why aren't Saints getting 18k? Why aren't Wigan?  

Is it because it's a nonsense figure?

Why should Cas be acheiving 18K attendences? How would they do this, with no ground in the vicinity even cable of hosting these attendences.

I suggest you acquire a better understanding of the issue you are talking about.

It is a bench mark from what a club in the Wakefield met area could achieve. We are discussing Castleford . And the other clubs you mention do achieve and indeed surpass those figures,

6 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

It is a bench mark from what a club in the Wakefield met area could achieve. We are discussing Castleford . And the other clubs you mention do achieve and indeed surpass those figures,

When have any of those clubs achieved regular 18k crowds?

17 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Go on then.  Which seasons have Hull, Hull KR, Saints or Wigan achieved average 18k attendences?

2 hours ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Being a Yorkshireman I also know that Wakefield is also a city, May be a tip to some but to others it's the Lane and I have to admit it's one of the best grounds for atmosphere and friendly banter - Must say good ramblings then you lost me along with your control.

12757_910787758943582_6724636947032327040_n.jpg

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

49 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Being a Yorkshireman I also know that Wakefield is also a city, May be a tip to some but to others it's the Lane and I have to admit it's one of the best grounds for atmosphere and friendly banter - Must say good ramblings then you lost me along with your control.

12757_910787758943582_6724636947032327040_n.jpg

All I was saying was that rugby league in the Wakefield met area was capable of more. If people are happy with what they've got, then I'm not bothered really. I just think it's a shame. 

Archived