Sign in to follow this  
boat builder

Whitehaven KO time

spot on that Wonder .... Haven were far superior .... at this moment in time they are the favorites to go up

Attack: clueless. Every time the ball got passed along the line the haven defence just slid across and shut down everything we threw at them, not because of great defence, but because of how slow and predictable the passing was. Every time the ball went out to fieldhouse out the back the whole move just came to a halt and everyone just seemed to stand still offering absolutely no threat or different running lines at all. Couldn't really pick a man of the match from today as they were all dreadful, dan toal ran his blood to water before he picked up a knock and Carter tried his best but all in all a very very poor team performance. But I trust in the lads to learn from today and kick themselves up the backside for the play offs. COYR

• Like 1

I think it was the worst, most embarrassing performance I have seen from the Raiders for a long time, I know we have injuries in certain positions, but yesterday we had a squad containing 11 forwards/hookers, and 1 semi fit centre, and it showed, going forward we need more strength, I know the development fund is fantastic, and I think many of us would be prepared to contribute if we knew it would help the club strengthen, I can not even think about staying in this league any longer, and think we should look at what is required to get out this year.

Edited by alba

Cant blame it on injuries as I feel that was almost the strongest team we could field at present...

Cresta if you read this forum please please please put Stacky back in the 2nd row where he belongs as he is wasted in the centre. I know we are light on centres but Harper was sat on the bench as 18th man!!

Not going to mention any other names but there are one or two players who have gone backwards since May and the week from hell !!

I see that the Board have gone back to Sunday 3.00pm and I applaud this but I think I have demonstrated on this Forum that thir is little difference in gates whether it is Saturday or Sunday. It is patently clear to me that there are 2 major factors. One is the standard of opposition and the other is the performance on the field. The performance against Whitehaven will certainly not help. It should also be remembered that apart from possibly York at the moment we are the best supported side in the Championship. The gates of Rochdale, Sheffield and Swinton in the Championship are generally lower than Barrow. This week Sheffield was 329.

3 hours ago, Raiderrr said:

A few people mentioned that Harper had picked up a knock against oxford that's why he never played yesterday. 

Believe it or not Newcastle are the best supported team behind Toronto i thought it was you lot its on york forum

• Like 1

4 hours ago, donald said:

Believe it or not Newcastle are the best supported team behind Toronto i thought it was you lot its on york forum

its like comparing apples with oranges in this league - Barrow travel well and boost attendances - whereas Hemel, Oxford , Gloucester tend not to and affect home gates. Look at Sunday , 1500 on at the rec ? best gate since Bradford 18 months ago

Edited by wonderofwood
  • Like 1

York's biggest gates were against Haven and Town, most of our home games were against the Southern teams our gates have gone up by about 45%, which is great to say we had no local teams.

I have calculated this seasons CH! gate attendance averages and I get the following figures (League games only)

Toronto    6737

Newcastle  1047

York    927

Barrow   896

Keighley    744

Workington   696

Whitehaven    659

Doncaster    597

Skolars    485

Hunslet   424

North Wales   340

Coventry   401   AMENDED

South Wales   252

Gloucester   205

Oxford   166

Hemel   105

Apart from the fact that all the gates are dreadful apart from Toronto Barrow seem to have the highest gates consistantly. Some gates  give misleading reading such as Haven & Barrow.

Edited by Michael Ashton

1 hour ago, Michael Ashton said:

I have calculated this seasons CH! gate attendance averages and I get the following figures (League games only)

Toronto    6737

Newcastle  1047

York    927

Barrow   896

Keighley    744

Workington   696

Whitehaven    659

Doncaster    597

Skolars    485

Hunslet   424

North Wales   340

Coventry   337

South Wales   252

Gloucester   205

Oxford   166

Hemel   105

Apart from the fact that all the gates are dreadful apart from Toronto Barrow seem to have the highest gates consistantly. Some gates  give misleading reading such as Haven & Barrow.

Yes, Skolars are an example of misleading averages and also the huge financial advantage of playing Toronto at home. They had 1524 for that one game. Take that out of the equation  and their highest gate was 374 giving an average of 334.

Not wishing to be pedantic Michael, but your figures suggest Skolars are the best supported of the Southern teams. I make the Coventry average to be 401.

Not enough I know but still the best of the Southern teams and we are the newest.

Of course the challenge is to keep the people coming through the gate whilst the team is losing. With no prospect of a Sugardaddy, we have got to engage with our loyal supporters and make them aware of how they are valued.

Its easy enough keeping in touch with people on social media and our newsletter goes out to everyone registered and we now have a weekly podcast. That's great for the more tech savvie but that's not  everyone. So we are looking at ways of being a bit more innovattive in old fashioned meeting and greeting!

Your not pedantic at all Ron. You know me and stats. I love this Forum when it is used like this.

Now to your calculation of average gates. You're not going to believe this but for for some incredible reason I left out The Barrow gate when we visited Coventry. The gate was 447. A genuine mistake. honest. My resignation will be in the post. lol

• Like 1