Sign in to follow this  
Amber Ribbon

Coach Trip to Swinton Lions

Coach Trip to Swinton Lions Game

The Amber Ribbon have successfully filled a coach for the away game against Swinton Lions on the 16th July 2017.

There is an option of a 2nd bus (16 Seater) on the proviso that it can be filled. The Amber Ribbon are taking names, once we have 16 people that wish to go this will be then be confirmed as bus 2, the cost of coach travel is £12 per person. Anyone wishing to go please leave a comment on the Forum, Facebook or email amber.ribbon@yahoo.com  or alternatively contact an Amber Ribbon committee member, there will be Amber Ribbon committee members at the Batley game this weekend.

I would like to ask as many of your fans as possible to make the journey to Heywood Rd next week. My club is in dire straits financially and we need all the support we can get through the gates to enable us to finish the season and pay the players and staff all monies owed to them.

• Like 7

I will second what Boddington Bob says,we find ourselves in deep brown stuff for whatever reason(s)be it over estimating or something else suffice to say the famous Swinton Lions need as much support as they can get to ensure we survive as a club let alone in this division.We urge you Dewsbury fans to come and watch the game in your hundreds at Sale where you will be well looked after and if any of you are keen on RL history buy a book about our 150 years so please Dewsbury fans make that journey please.Thanks.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

I will second what Boddington Bob says,we find ourselves in deep brown stuff for whatever reason(s)be it over estimating or something else suffice to say the famous Swinton Lions need as much support as they can get to ensure we survive as a club let alone in this division.We urge you Dewsbury fans to come and watch the game in your hundreds at Sale where you will be well looked after and if any of you are keen on RL history buy a book about our 150 years so please Dewsbury fans make that journey please.Thanks.

Really bad news for a great old club. Hope you guys get through it.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Tom Coates said:

Will the book be on sale from the ground on Sunday?

There is a book about the 150 years of Swinton Lions.I assume that copies will be for sale on Sunday but there is also a link on the Swinton Lions website where copies can be bought.

Swinton Lions Coach Trip Confirmed.

The Amber Ribbon can confirm that 2 x coaches have been booked for attending the game at Swinton Lions on the 16th July 2017.

The pickup points are Hanging Heaton WMC, WF12 7HF at 12:30. Layby opposite The Timepiece in Dewsbury at 12:40 & Opposite Tesco Extra, Mirfield at 13:00.

There are only 2 seats left on the coach if anyone is interested in going, the cost of coach travel is £12 per person. Anyone wishing to go please leave a comment on Facebook or email amber.ribbon@yahoo.com or alternatively contact an Amber Ribbon committee member.

• Like 2

Hi Fellow Fans of the Greatest Game

Yes the Swinton Book will be on sale at the ground on Sunday. We have a few former players and greats coming down to sign copies on the day. So please bring your wallets with you. If you don't buy a book you can have a go on the Tombola and maybe take a nice prize back with you.

Hoping it will be a great day and thanks for your support

Riggy

Media Swinton

• Like 2

Not been to Swinton for years but going Sunday with my brother and if Swinton greats autographing the book I will get one. Who's signing?

Edited by Wakefield Ram
  • Like 1

Les Holliday, Dick Evans, Bobby Fleet, Mike Morrison, Ian Watson, Tommy Frodsham, Lee Marsh and probably more

Edited by RIGGY

50 minutes ago, RIGGY said:

Les Holliday, Dick Evans, Bobby Fleet, Mike Morrison, Ian Watson, Tommy Frodsham, Lee Marsh and probably more

Note the Dewsbury connection folks. No, not Morrison - different fella.

8 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Note the Dewsbury connection folks. No, not Morrison - different fella.

Best number 13 ever to wear a Dewsbury shirt in my supporting days I think.

25 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Best number 13 ever to wear a Dewsbury shirt in my supporting days I think.

If he was better than Damian Ball he was some player. 

7 hours ago, NickD said:

If he was better than Damian Ball he was some player. 

Don't pretend that you're too young to remember Les Holliday Nick. :tongue:

In my (old-fashioned) opinion he was the last classic loose forward that we had. Damian Ball was very good but not one of the old-school ball-handling loose forwards, IMO of course.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Don't pretend that you're too young to remember Les Holliday Nick. :tongue:

In my (old-fashioned) opinion he was the last classic loose forward that we had. Damian Ball was very good but not one of the old-school ball-handling loose forwards, IMO of course.

Agree. I guess I just associate Ball with that awesome team we had when Ned was here before.  Les Holiday probably was the last classic 13 we had. Great player. Never found his barber shop though. 

• Like 1

Andy Gregory coming to visit the match too and maybe some more rugby league greats

See you all Sunday and thanks again

Riggy

On 11/07/2017 at 8:57 PM, Amber Ribbon said:

Swinton Lions Coach Trip Confirmed.

The Amber Ribbon can confirm that 2 x coaches have been booked for attending the game at Swinton Lions on the 16th July 2017.

The pickup points are Hanging Heaton WMC, WF12 7HF at 12:30. Layby opposite The Timepiece in Dewsbury at 12:40 & Opposite Tesco Extra, Mirfield at 13:00.

There are only 2 seats left on the coach if anyone is interested in going, the cost of coach travel is £12 per person. Anyone wishing to go please leave a comment on Facebook or email amber.ribbon@yahoo.com or alternatively contact an Amber Ribbon committee member.

Due to a partial road closure on the A644 @ Mirfield on Sunday 16th July. The agreed pickup point at Tesco Extra in Mirfield has now had to be changed to the Pear Tree Public House at 13:00. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.