LiondressedasRam

Swinton Lions - 150 yrs old. Please help us to stay alive.

We're one of the game's historical giants...but times are hard and our immediate future is in the balance.

We're appealing to the wider RL family to help us survive and thrive, most likely as a club with significant fan input. 

To be able to do this we need to deal with immediate debt.

Details of how to purchase our fantastic 150 years of the Lions book, which given our illustrious past is a great read for RL fans in general, are here

http://www.swintonlionsrlfc.com/news/329 

if you don't fancy the book, please consider a donation however small to the Lions Community Foundation, there's a link in the same web page.

Better still if you're at a loose end, come and see our match v Dewsbury next Sunday (16th July) at Heywood Road, Sale.

Thanks, on behalf of all Swinton Lions fans

• Like 6

One of my first ever seasons watching the sport in the flesh involved seeing Wigan (and then Saints) at Station Rd.  As a result I've always had a bit of of a soft spot for Swinton.

I'll definitely be trying to purchase something off the club if that'll help.  Sale is a bit of a trek, but I'm thinking of going.

• Like 3

Hope everything works out for you guys we need to keep clubs like swinton alive and prosper lets hope the RFL look at it like they did with the bulls but i think not ??? All the best fev fan 

• Like 1

Now this sounds harsh but why. Every club must live with in its means. If that means league 1so be it. Times change rugby league does not have the pulling power to attract vast swathes of young new audiences. People running clubs must be realistic. Two steps back one forward. 

Need own ground, even if just basic a firs and build from there

• Like 1

On 7/8/2017 at 4:23 PM, plug said:

Hope everything works out for you guys we need to keep clubs like swinton alive and prosper lets hope the RFL look at it like they did with the bulls but i think not ??? All the best fev fan 

Kind words fev fan it's this thinking and empathy  that we need from now onwards 

24 minutes ago, swintonlionafar said:

Kind words fev fan it's this thinking and empathy  that we need from now onwards 

I disagree. It's proper leadership and business acumen.

I meant that it's us at the moment where being out of the super league incomparrison riches/coverage if we go many others could follow , for now we need numbers to stand together no matter what colours you follow and then going forward if there is a forward......good leadership