Sign in to follow this  
alba

Can nothing be done

Tonight I have witnessed another one sided game at Craven Park, along with most home games this season, I have stated on other threads about our fixtures, again I would like to state, if after next week the top four are 1/ Toronto, 2/ Whitehaven, 3/ Barrow, and 4/Doncaster, we will complete the season playing the other three in the top four, six times, five away, and one at home, this is not on, surely there must be something that can be done, I think everyone in the league knows the Raiders were handed heap of s"""t, with our fixtures, and it does not matter how good we have done, no team can cope with this, and the clubs future is tied up with this, and it must be sorted, every fan knows this but it just gets worse, sorry about the winge, but it is very serious.

• Like 3

Spot on alba. This is a question for the board as they are the only ones with a conduit to the RL. Personally, I think this is what has cost us a lot of support this season.

RFL are corrupt plain and simple ..... lets not shy away from this they don't care about anyone away from the M62 corridor unless they have loadsacash like the Wolfpack

We are screwed to be honest

2 things:

When David Sharpe spoke to Nigel Wood about this last season in my company we were told "You need to improve your off field business and not rely on the crowds"

Meaning the crowds aren't important, it's just about getting sponsorship in. 

In Nov last year the fixtures were announced and we looked at the croc of fixtures we received. Mike spent hours on the phone complaining to Gavin wild and Ralph rimmer but nothing changed. Not a single thing!

feel free to comment below! 

• Like 2

Hi

I read a couple of other threads so I could obtain some understanding of your concern.  If I understand correctly, the club is taking a beating financially as most of the games have been lopsided wins against outmatched competition, and thus unattractive to club supporters and attendance is down as a result.

But could this have been known at the outset of the season?  How would you suggest remedying the situation?

10 hours ago, Captain Survival said:

It's not just about fan numbers, it's also about an equal competition, for example, if St Helens during the super league season played Wigan away twice, and leeds away twice, and neither at home, do you think they would just accept it ?.

10 hours ago, Captain Survival said:

I read a couple of other threads so I could obtain some understanding of your concern.  If I understand correctly, the club is taking a beating financially as most of the games have been lopsided wins against outmatched competition, and thus unattractive to club supporters and attendance is down as a result.

But could this have been known at the outset of the season?  How would you suggest remedying the situation?

the inference from the loonies that run the sport that the supporters dont matter is obvious...all they are interested in is Sky's cash (or anyone else that can wade in with loadsmoney)!

• Like 2