sssshhhhhh

trig

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite simply, a waste of time, money and fossil fuel. Less than 48 hours on and already the 'events' of the first half have disappeared from my memory - apart from a daft attempt at an interception (which of course failed) giving Skolars a walk-in for a 6-0 half-time lead. If the second half was more noteworthy, it was purely because of the gormless play! It's fair to say Ansell has his critics, and yes some of it may be justified and maybe he deserved dropping after last  week, but the ineptitude and impotency of the half-back play on Saturday had to be seen to be believed - it was almost a liability!

Since Thornton came in we've seen mass changes on a weekly basis; the list of players suddenly appearing/disappearing/re-appearing reads something like; Hayward, Brierley, Norfolk, Leeming, Nathaniel, Cook, Gibson, Ansell, Roberts, Fawden, Haley, Hesketh, Carbutt, Kenga, Nicholson, Normington, Walton, Williams, Mackay - plus Webb who we know has gone to the Student World Cup. Obviously such lack of continuity affects team performances but if the idea is that Thornton gets to look at the whole squad and potential recruits for next year then by know it will be crystal clear to him that improvements need to be made, all over the pitch.

Can't even say we're favourites for this mickey-mouse Shield thing we're going to have to play in now - as I see it we are likely to finish 11th now (completely unacceptable) and Crusaders and Skolars for a start are clearly in better form. We'd better hope some of the rumours doing the rounds over the last month come to fruition otherwise quite frankly the future doesn't bear thinking about.

As this thread was very kindly started on our behalf by our York friends :unsure: it seems an opportune moment to wish them all the best in the Super 8's - bearing in mind 8-9 months ago they had neither a team or ground for 2017, to achieve a top 4 finish is a creditable achievement and shows what can be done in a relatively short period of time. Something for us to look to emulate then?

2 hours ago, Hawkwindbag said:

Quite simply, a waste of time, money and fossil fuel. Less than 48 hours on and already the 'events' of the first half have disappeared from my memory - apart from a daft attempt at an interception (which of course failed) giving Skolars a walk-in for a 6-0 half-time lead. If the second half was more noteworthy, it was purely because of the gormless play! It's fair to say Ansell has his critics, and yes some of it may be justified and maybe he deserved dropping after last  week, but the ineptitude and impotency of the half-back play on Saturday had to be seen to be believed - it was almost a liability!

Since Thornton came in we've seen mass changes on a weekly basis; the list of players suddenly appearing/disappearing/re-appearing reads something like; Hayward, Brierley, Norfolk, Leeming, Nathaniel, Cook, Gibson, Ansell, Roberts, Fawden, Haley, Hesketh, Carbutt, Kenga, Nicholson, Normington, Walton, Williams, Mackay - plus Webb who we know has gone to the Student World Cup. Obviously such lack of continuity affects team performances but if the idea is that Thornton gets to look at the whole squad and potential recruits for next year then by know it will be crystal clear to him that improvements need to be made, all over the pitch.

Can't even say we're favourites for this mickey-mouse Shield thing we're going to have to play in now - as I see it we are likely to finish 11th now (completely unacceptable) and Crusaders and Skolars for a start are clearly in better form. We'd better hope some of the rumours doing the rounds over the last month come to fruition otherwise quite frankly the future doesn't bear thinking about.

As this thread was very kindly started on our behalf by our York friends :unsure: it seems an opportune moment to wish them all the best in the Super 8's - bearing in mind 8-9 months ago they had neither a team or ground for 2017, to achieve a top 4 finish is a creditable achievement and shows what can be done in a relatively short period of time. Something for us to look to emulate then?

Thank you and good luck against Newcastle.

these bad afternoons have been regular all season.. yet every now and then the players want to know. to me something is wrong at the club and needs sorting before next season starts... another 2018 season and i believe it will be curtains for hunslet...

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

on paper.. yeah its a win.........sadly hunslet dont play on paper or grass come to think of it

hunslet till i die

That Olpherts is one good centre and destroyed us last time at the start of the season. Salford  must have seen him as well because they,ve signed him for next season, he actually trained with us a few seasons ago and deemed not good enough ! It could only happen at Hunslet.

few seasons back.. oh be bazza not seeing it.. then again bazza was more interested in rhinos.

my oh my all gone pear shaped since we jumped into bed with them lot over river.. and now they have departed left the club in tatters... not going forward really are we.. 

hunslet till i die

Archived