Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boat builder

Money in Whitehaven coffers!

12 posts in this topic

Me and my pal have been to most home games this season. So that's two. On Sunday taking cars with NINE in to Whitehaven. Coz it's Sunday afternoon and coz it mears summat! RL and Raiders please note FFS!

Barrow have already said that all Super 8s at home will be on a Sunday.

Ah, going back to my original thread, Sat v Sun. Good man boat builder. I agree. Sunday is best. Nowt to do with RL though. All down to the board. COYR.

Terrible decision to play on a Saturday. I might tag along for a few of the Sunday games now 

Vote with your feet ,your team needs you on a Sunday and if attendances increase your board may take notice.

1 person likes this

I have analysed gates from 2013-2017 and tried to show whether Sat or Sun. I'll put figures on here as soon as I can but as far as I can see the day of the match does not seem to affect gates. The biggest thing of all seems to be the standard of the opposition.

You can do anything with stats.

obviously as we had good gates on a saturday when we were in the championship a few years ago, so it is all about who you are playing and also if they bring any supporters, which this year has been minimal to say the least. we have been screwed this season by playing most of the better teams away and the less so at home, the only way to bring crowds back through the gate is to play every team home and away, weather that be a sunday or a saturday.

7 people like this

spot on lifer

16 hours ago, boat builder said:

Can you get a pint and a pie at the Rec Ground during the game?

Yeh the world famous cleator pies are served behind the bar get there fast though be bigger than usual crowd this week first time we've had decent away support this season

1 hour ago, donald said:

Yeh the world famous cleator pies are served behind the bar get there fast though be bigger than usual crowd this week first time we've had decent away support this season

Cheers Donald! 

Wasn't a pie in sight donald! Oh how you like to tease us Raiders! Much like the expectation we would turn up and win!😂

1 person likes this