Sign in to follow this  
Copa

Wolfpack get US tv deal

11 minutes ago, Copa said:

Well done to them. It's also great for the clubs playing them.

IMG_1156.PNG

Oh dear oh dear oh dear this will have all the cloth cap and ferret brigade moaning and groaning into their beer, they will all be GREEN with envy , heres a club only 125 days old and outselling itself to the tune of more than 99% of the clubs that have been around for 125 years ...eat your heart out PARKSIDER ,.....how dare they

• Like 20

4 hours ago, Roughyedz said:

Oh dear oh dear oh dear this will have all the cloth cap and ferret brigade moaning and groaning into their beer, they will all be GREEN with envy , heres a club only 125 days old and outselling itself to the tune of more than 99% of the clubs that have been around for 125 years ...eat your heart out PARKSIDER ,.....how dare they

How much is the deal for Roughyedz?

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Pulga said:

From that link 

"ELEVEN SPORTS is available in 55 million homes across the U.S. thanks to the network’s reach through carriage deals including, but not limited to: AT&T, DIRECTV, Verizon, Charter and NCTC."

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Copa said:

From that link 

"ELEVEN SPORTS is available in 55 million homes across the U.S. thanks to the network’s reach through carriage deals including, but not limited to: AT&T, DIRECTV, Verizon, Charter and NCTC."

Looks like another 25 million in a few other countries too but doesn't look like this will be broadcast there. Maybe it could be in the future though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Thruppence and six pence

I believe the TV network offered to send counsellors to the north of England to help wipe away provincial tears.

• Like 8

Imagine being told this time last year we'd have American & Canadian TV channels showing RL regularly

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Moc said:

Imagine being told this time last year we'd have American & Canadian TV channels showing RL regularly

Fox Soccer Plus shows SL & Challenge Cup this year. I think they have for a number of years

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Copa said:

I believe the TV network offered to send counsellors to the north of England to help wipe away provincial tears.

It won't be enough, Lenegan has spoken and they won't be allowed in Super League unless they provide free meat and tatty pies, not to mention a full roster of Canadian born and produced players, which can only be drawn from the Toronto area

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Moc said:

*League 1 RL - we've never had this even in the UK.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, The Parksider said:

How much is the deal for?

More than the UK deal to show L1. Oh wait, there isn't one? 

• Like 7

Has this been run past Ian Lenegan? I won't believe a word of this until I read it in League Express.

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 6

At this stage, it doesn't matter what the deal is worth, it's giving our game exposure to a brand new audience of umpteen millions!  

• Like 5

Toronto move up a level next year, and their marketing effort and reach will probably reflect that

Going up a level makes it more likely that their sponsorship will increase next year

This TV deal (regardless of income) will make it more likely that other perhaps paid TV deals may follow and therefore further sponsorship etc

No-one on this forum knows exactly what will happen with Toronto next year in terms of players, crowds, marketing, stadium, TV deals etc etc. To constantly carp on about how they don't bring a TV deal to the table now is highly insular and negative.

Of course it may go teets up as well, but IMO its a positive trend

• Like 8

20 hours ago, Copa said:

Well done to them. It's also great for the clubs playing them.

IMG_1156.PNG

An international TV deal is great going for a Championship 1 club!

We don't want this kind of thing in this great game of ours. Whatever happened to the pie and pea supper?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Parksider said:

How much is the deal for?

Does it matter? Good on them for selling themselves and the game, to people who know nothing about the game. For somebody who claim to be Pro-Toronto, its funny how EVERY post of yours has a negative thinking about them. Pathetically really. Just admit you Dont like Toronto being in the System.

• Like 2

I can post again!  I being one of the people locked out of the forum due to certain issues.

As I said my comment in the Attitudes to Toronto in today's League thread last Monday

TV contracts and high quality sponsors are not hard to find in NA - its quite a bit diff....

And 4 days later, a tv deal just drops out of the sky for the USA.

I was for many years a banker, a senior banker, a banker in high finance banking, for a very large North American bank, and I have a pretty good understanding of the landscape, including startup and financing of sports teams and leagues (dated knowledge but some of it is still bouncing around in the noggin).  The WP deal is almost certainly not a free one, but for this year, likely not a big one.  it does not matter, it further enhances their position and their goals vis-a-vis both Toronto and beyond.  Read my comment carefully in that Toronto thread - I took a stab in the dark based on what I would do where I in their shoes and I think I was punting in the right neighbourhood....

Lots of stuff to catch up on and reply.... time is awasting!

• Like 2