Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TMF

New Raiders

12 posts in this topic

Just read in RL Express that South Wales Iron Men have been taken over and 'with immediate effect' will now be known as West Wales Raiders. Now two Raiders in the league as of Sunday. Can this be allowed? I mean regarding logos, copyright etc. Not the takeover itself, although that could be another thread regarding the state of RL at the moment.

Haven had to drop the warrior's tag when wigan decided to use it

Cheers donald. We've gone from Border Raiders, to Raiders. I think we should just be Barrow. It is our chant after all. By the way, why did Haven have to drop? Or is that a stupid question?

No idea pal summit to do with all the name changing in super league warriors giants bulls rhinos etc didn't want 2 teams with same title dont think they'll give a hoot about teams outside of super league though

I think we know that.

Featherstone Rovers and Hull Kingston Rovers seem to manage, there again if they both got into Super League Sky might order a change.

Hull manage without a silly nickname but there again they have merged with Gateshead so are no longer Sharks

Nail head hit Shipbuilder, silly nicknames. Fev and HKR are historical. Lets get back to being who we are. Historically. 

Come on the 'Braves'!

On 7/15/2017 at 10:05 AM, Shipbuilder said:

Featherstone Rovers and Hull Kingston Rovers seem to manage, there again if they both got into Super League Sky might order a change.

Hull manage without a silly nickname but there again they have merged with Gateshead so are no longer Sharks

Hull KR have graced Super League and never changed their moniker. I can't ever see Featherstone changing theirs though they do get affectionately get called Fev or Cappers.

Hull KR in Super League, no problem, but my worry is that the experts at RL would think we mere fans would be confused if Featherstone were in Super League at same time as KR. Rover v Rovers - how would we  tell the difference?

Featherstone refused to pick a silly nickname, refused to merge with Wakefield and Castleford to form Calderdale. Well done Fev!

26 minutes ago, Shipbuilder said:

Hull KR in Super League, no problem, but my worry is that the experts at RL would think we mere fans would be confused if Featherstone were in Super League at same time as KR. Rover v Rovers - how would we  tell the difference?

Featherstone refused to pick a silly nickname, refused to merge with Wakefield and Castleford to form Calderdale. Well done Fev!

Get ya now Shipbuilder. Can't see us Fev qualifying any day soon. But is it all that its cracked up to be? Leigh and Widnes find it hard up there and Fev would be no different. Good luck to Barrow though. I really hope you make it into the championship. One of my favourite other teams.