Sign in to follow this  
ckn

Job hunting

I have to say it's nice working in an environment where the people you work with have a sense of humour, something sadly missing in my last NHS job.

Tomorrow will mark the end of my first week in the new job, and it all seems to be going well so far. Nice air-conditioned offices, just off Grays Inn Road (south of Kings Cross station). Plenty of shops, cafés, pubs etc. nearby. And several local parks, where I can go to relax and read, if I want to spend my lunch hour out of the office.

And the job (thus far) is well within my abilities. Everyone I've met in the first week has been friendly, so the office psycho is clearly biding his/her time.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Tomorrow will mark the end of my first week in the new job, and it all seems to be going well so far. Nice air-conditioned offices, just off Grays Inn Road (south of Kings Cross station). Plenty of shops, cafés, pubs etc. nearby. And several local parks, where I can go to relax and read, if I want to spend my lunch hour out of the office.

And the job (thus far) is well within my abilities. Everyone I've met in the first week has been friendly, so the office psycho is clearly biding his/her time.

Maybe he’s just checking out the nearby shops, cafes, pubs etc.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

If you can’t identify the office psycho then I have bad news for you 😛 

• Haha 2

September 27th, I went cycling with my daughter, through the woods near her's, I slid my bike & crashed against a tree stump.

I attended work on the 28th & 29th, and 1st October. I was in so much pain that I couldn't sneeze, even hiccuping was a jolt.

Today I got told by the company that because I took the 2nd as a sick day (despite a, so called 3 strike policy), I am no longer eligible for work with them.

OnTrak are 1krs

I suppose I should move here from the rant thread!

Todays news was that the plans for our closure are more 'mature' than expected, so probably looking at a year max.  Its not great but I am fully aware that many have only weeks notice, so I have to look at the positives!

5 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I suppose I should move here from the rant thread!

Todays news was that the plans for our closure are more 'mature' than expected, so probably looking at a year max.  Its not great but I am fully aware that many have only weeks notice, so I have to look at the positives!

I am sorry to hear that.

49 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I am sorry to hear that.

It is what it is.  No real job security these days so I think its something everyone should try and protect themselves for (savings, etc).

• Like 1

And the Tories keep claiming there are more people in work than ever. Who writes that Bulls***? Donald Trump?

There probably are, on NLW, NMW, and less than 20 hours per week.