Sign in to follow this  
Bearman

Toronto Again

Bearman    2,034

Whatever happens tomorrow we go back to Toronto in the 8's. Fixtures permitting I will be there.

looking at the results for the season so far we have the worst record of any team visiting Toronto. It is well documented that there were some exceptional reasons for that, but the history books will not reflect those reasons.

i still believe that a full strength Raiders could have won in Canada. At the time of the match we were firing on all cylinders and I think we were all a little shocked by the actual result.

When we travel again it well may be that we are again depleted in numbers but I firmly believe that the squad players we have can do better than the likes of Hemel, Glos and yes my Bears too.

i really believe that a full strength Raiders could do a Rochdale. Wouldn't that shock the RL world?

Right.

Time for a bit of realism and I hope constructive criticism. 

Its time for our Raiders to accept that we are where we are and move on from here. Looking at the fixture lists for 2017 we have had an absolutely siht draw. The RFL could not have made it harder for us than they have,  if they had tried ( did they?). 

Do they know who we are? Have they any idea whom they are dealing with?

"Cmon you Raiders" We can do this. We have the team, the Board and the fans.

Sempur Sursum!!!'

• Like 1

boat builder    39

Highly unlikely we will beat Toronto on their patch Bearman! We may have to "Go West" but you are "The king of wishful thinking"! See what I did then! :clapping:COYR!

May be better sending a depleted squad and save the players for the other games as Whitehaven have to go there too and will probably lose.

• Like 1

Bearman    2,034

There are comments on the League 1 match thread on these forums and indeed I heard similar when I was over there that Barrow were the one team that did not embrace the experience.

I may be biased....No, I am biased but I want the Canadian fans to see that we may be the second best team on the pitch but are the best CLUB in the league.

I know that Barrow are widely seen in this country as a great club with great fans. I want the Canadians to think so too.

• Like 2

John WP Fan    42
2 hours ago, Bearman said:

There are comments on the League 1 match thread on these forums and indeed I heard similar when I was over there that Barrow were the one team that did not embrace the experience.

I may be biased....No, I am biased but I want the Canadian fans to see that we may be the second best team on the pitch but are the best CLUB in the league.

I know that Barrow are widely seen in this country as a great club with great fans. I want the Canadians to think so too.

We do know that Barrow is a much better team than what we saw here earlier in the season. I hope you do send your best squad and do all you can to beat us! Any Barrow fans that come will be welcomed again; I have heard that you might even get the odd free beer!

• Like 2

morty    213

the Toronto result is of little significance to me ... just get it out of the way and get back to the proper super 8's or whatever the f*ck they are called

Toronto home fixtures are set for August 19th...and Sep 2/9/16.

Have to wait for RL announcement for date of Barrow fixture.

I'm afraid the result will be  a foregone conclusion..Wolfpack will bring back their strongest team...omitting the token Canadian/US lads and the result probably wont be much different from the previous trip.

Edited by Wandering pete

Yosser    460

I would be astounded if we beat Toronto (as would the rest of RL world ) but if we could run them closer than anyone else has that  would be an amazing result and do us proud. But just as important is that we approach it in the right spirit and turn round this reputation that we now have (undeservedly) of being moaners. 

• Like 1

Bearman    2,034
4 hours ago, Yosser said:

I would be astounded if we beat Toronto (as would the rest of RL world ) but if we could run them closer than anyone else has that  would be an amazing result and do us proud. But just as important is that we approach it in the right spirit and turn round this reputation that we now have (undeservedly) of being moaners. 

Guess which team has the best record in Toronto?......

Coventry Bears?

And the worst?..........

?

That needs putting right

TMF    118

If we play like we did yesterday Ron, it could be their first triple figure result.

Moscow01    178

There's about as much chance as you beating Toronto as there is me scoring the winning try in the Challenge Cup final.

They are a team that, at the moment, would finish in the top 3/4 of the Championship.

If you went there and played to your best and they had an off day you'd still lose.

A good result out there for you would be something like a 42-18 loss. 

2 hours ago, Moscow01 said:

There's about as much chance as you beating Toronto as there is me scoring the winning try in the Challenge Cup final.

They are a team that, at the moment, would finish in the top 3/4 of the Championship.

If you went there and played to your best and they had an off day you'd still lose.

A good result out there for you would be something like a 42-18 loss. 

FFS.................. Now you tell us!!

I had £20 on you for 1st and last scorer come August 26th!!

• Like 2

Evil Homer    587
On 17/07/2017 at 9:26 AM, Yosser said:

But just as important is that we approach it in the right spirit and turn round this reputation that we now have (undeservedly) of being moaners. 

If you do turn it around then great, at present it's not undeserved whatsoever.

On 2017-07-16 at 3:49 PM, Wandering pete said:

Toronto home fixtures are set for August 19th...and Sep 2/9/16.

Have to wait for RL announcement for date of Barrow fixture.

I'm afraid the result will be  a foregone conclusion..Wolfpack will bring back their strongest team...omitting the token Canadian/US lads and the result probably wont be much different from the previous trip.

While I would be surprised if Quinn plays simply due to his youth despite his new multiyear contract, I think its almost 100% that the sole American Ryan Burroughs will play as he has been outstanding - great field vision and passing, setting up many tries on top of scoring quite a few himself.  He has proven to be a quality find and I would be shocked if he is not offered a contract for next year.  Were he not someone else will definitely scoop him up, but I am sure he will be returning unless TWP have him go to another NA expansion team to help such team with the first year hurdles.

There are 2 Canadian Internationals on the team of Aussie birth and a Canadian parent(s), Rhys Jacks and Tom Dempsey.  RJ will likely play, Dempsey however only if there are injuries to several of the 1st and 2nd row at game time.

Toronto has depth on its bench so it might simply be detemined by rotation and whose turn it is on game day.

That is how I see it.

Edited by Captain Survival