Whitehaven, Barrow, Doncaster, Newcastle out to Toronto in the 8s

1 hour ago, Scubby said:

So three new teams and Barrow as well (who will be loving a second trip of a lifetime lol) off to Canada in the 8a. Ten days to wait for the fixture list is a helluva long time!

I think the League one fixtures are out this Wednesday, the 17th

I feel for Barrow as I know their supporters have pointed out that all their big games have been away, and that is hurting the club financially.  That said, they have a real chance at promotion and I think they should do everything possible to achieve it.  Thus the fruits of their labour would be many quality Championship visitors next year and all the benefits that accrue from such.

57 minutes ago, dkw said:

Gutted my team aren't, would love to have went over to Canada after seeing some of the pictures and hearing the stories of fans who have travelled there.

Congrats on Workington making it to the Super 8's.  I don't think promotion is in the cards this year for Workington but I took a bit of time to learn about Workington before the match against the Wolfpack.  Here is hoping they can return to their glory days and promotion to Championship is sooner rather then later.

Just hope they can submit their paperwork to allow their players to play in Canada in time! Some struggled with 6 months warning, so how will they cope with only a couple of weeks?? ?

1 hour ago, Sco77 said:

Just hope they can submit their paperwork to allow their players to play in Canada in time! Some struggled with 6 months warning, so how will they cope with only a couple of weeks?? ?

You would hope that the teams that were not drawn to play in Toronto in the league realised early this year that they might have to travel there in the play offs.

Surely clubs discussed this with their players and whatever information that needs to be gathered has been done.

Im wondering when applying for the paperwork initially, there is an option to extend the dates, to cover perhaps the season? St least that way teams wouldn't have to apply again?

8 minutes ago, Sco77 said:

Im wondering when applying for the paperwork initially, there is an option to extend the dates, to cover perhaps the season? St least that way teams wouldn't have to apply again?

Someone said they have long-ish valid dates but I may be mistaken.

8 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

eTA's are valid for 5 years if you're passport is valid for that long, or if your criminal history has not changed.

.. which means that Barrow already have a squad in place for a trip to Toronto

If they've got any gumption they will now have someone working immediately on securing visas for the other players in their squad (i.e not waiting until the week of the game) so that they can add another 4-5 of their better players to the travelling squad. 

If teams with the fragile infrastructure of the likes of Hemel can put a team on the park in Toronto (and actually come up with a better result than Barrow!) it really ought to be possible for Barrow

Even those with form will likely be low level stuff which would be able to be submitted for evaluation by the CBSA, so there's no reason why all necessary paperwork shouldn't have been requested and forwarded with the application along with the requisite explanations, references and guarantees.

I truly hope they have this time.

1 hour ago, Sco77 said:

They last the entire time of your passport or a maximum of 5 years. They cost $7 Canadian and are extremely simple to fill out. Every person that flies to Canada needs one, even tourist as they are not work visas. You don't need a work visa if you are coming from the UK to play in a sporting event in Canada. 

sometimes it isn't about the visa problem ... its more to do with the guys getting time off work for the duration of the trip as well as some work shifts etc and if they cant swap shifts with someone they cant go !!!! Don't forget all other squads in league 1 are only part time!!

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Archived