Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Manfred Mann

Shaun Johnson is not out of the World Cup.

13 posts in this topic

Great news for the tournament. 

Bad news at some unspecified time in the future when he is 20 metres away from the England line with ball in hand and no time left on the clock!

Big picture is we want the World Cup to showcase to the world the kind of entertainment our game can serve up and we need players like Johnson there to do that.

1 person likes this

The good felling I had about the Kiwi's that came over me 24hrs ago has suddenly gone for some reason .... Australia v England final and a comfortable Australia win for the WC.

We need a third opinion

Good to hear, it appeared he was gone.

1 hour ago, Allora said:

Good to hear, it appeared he was gone.

Naughty step for you Allora. Scaremonger warning :D 

1 person likes this

Brilliant news.  The Warriors were never going to make the finals so he can have a rest and be fresh for the World Cup.

Presumably Kearney will be getting the sack and he can go back to the national team where he did a better job

Posted (edited)

Based on current form I would like to see Benji Marshall, rather than Keiron Foran, partner Shaun Johnson in the Kiwi team. Two dazzling side steppers would be a sight to behold.

Edited by Manfred Mann

Foran has got steadily worse since he returned for the Warriors, first few games he looked decent but last game he hardly did anything.

Not sure about Marshall though, he has looked good in patches but i don't think he is the kind of player who Johnson needs alongside him.  It would be interesting though....

With a full team out (ie nobody injured or suspended for buying drugs etc) the Kiwis had a real chance of winning this world cup, hopefully the rest will do Johnson some good and he will be back to his best