Sign in to follow this  
creditwhereitsdews

New signings

According to the YEP we've signed "forward Mickael Goudemand, who played for France against England last year, from Avignon" and "Goole Rugby Union Club winger Tom Harrison".

Quite obscure signings. Anyone know much about them?

5 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Well lets hope the new winger prefers to play on the right and knows how to tackle!!!  

And has a centre to keep him company?

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

And has a centre to keep him company?

We have a pretty decent centre imho, in Squires but he can't do that much from subs bench. 

Edited by NickD

We had a very promising winger in Donald Kudangirana but nobody seems to want to  explain what has finally happened to him.

His name and number has been banished from the programme

I have very fond memories of a Rugby Union Club Winger joining us some years ago..............went by the name of Greg Ashcroft ............ If Tom Harrison is half as good he'll do OK for us ;)        

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Malcolm Agar wasn't bad either.

Not to mention Phil Artiss and the winger from Morley who's name escapes me. No mention of Harrison in the Goole first team on their website though.

21 hours ago, Therein73 said:

I have very fond memories of a Rugby Union Club Winger joining us some years ago..............went by the name of Greg Ashcroft ............ If Tom Harrison is half as good he'll do OK for us ;)        

There I was thinking you meant a certain Kenyan flyer who's name just escapes me. I'll be happy if our new winger is as fast as Greg Ashcroft, but doubt his hair style will be anything like the Welshman's when he played. 

The winger from Morley RU who Grumpy mentioned was probably Gary Pratt. 

27 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

There I was thinking you meant a certain Kenyan flyer who's name just escapes me. I'll be happy if our new winger is as fast as Greg Ashcroft, but doubt his hair style will be anything like the Welshman's when he played. 

The winger from Morley RU who Grumpy mentioned was probably Gary Pratt. 

Nope - not him. Would have been middle sixties, and I believe his signing came amid much excitement and expectation - which he failed to deliver.

30 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Nope - not him. Would have been middle sixties, and I believe his signing came amid much excitement and expectation - which he failed to deliver.

21 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Not to mention Phil Artiss and the winger from Morley who's name escapes me. No mention of Harrison in the Goole first team on their website though.

Are you thinking of Geoff Tolson ? 

5 hours ago, legin said:

Are you thinking of Geoff Tolson ? 

Well I am surprised at that as I thought he had come from one of the local amateur clubs.

We seem to have a lot of players again all of a sudden. Any ideas if any of the fringe players are still around? Hemingway, Tonks, stringer or Potts? 

6 hours ago, thehullram said:

We seem to have a lot of players again all of a sudden. Any ideas if any of the fringe players are still around? Hemingway, Tonks, stringer or Potts? 

Tonks out for the season.Stringer awaiting a operation on his knee but as said he'll play if needed,I think he's retiring end of season. Hemingway can't get in,not surprised the way such as Ward and Day are playing,plus we've got Speakman who's playing well,imo anyway. Don't know about Potts not seen him round club on matchdays, unlike Hemingway. What's happened to Ollett? Tbh I thought he was playing well.

7 hours ago, thehullram said:

Aye.  It's funny how we seem to have largely got over our injury crisis since the arrival of Ned. Good fortune or good coaching?  

We haven't had a proper winger ,who actually scores tries since the great eddie rombo.

Our wingers rarely get the ball and are left exposed one on one,eg last sunday.

Eddie those tries against  scarborough pirates and length of the field at elland road and many such like.

Neil and Paul are doing a great job so far,so that'll do for now.