9 games for Acton

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Daz , theres lots of things that go on on RL pitches that should be looked at from a SPORT OF RUGBY LEAGUE view , this was no worse than plenty of those , we had people on here screaming it was as bad as the Ben Floer incident 

It wasnt deliberate , it wasnt pre meditated , there was no punch , no intent to injure , it was a fit of  pique , anger at what he saw as a deliberate act to injure ( only Greg Bird knows for sure the answer to that one ) his team mate , now we see that in plenty of games , we saw it later in that game with Cats having 3 players included Bird getting bans 

So its ok to run across a pitch and punch somebodies lights out , but not grab a shirt and shout at them ? 

Some strange rules 

Stop digging

No on second keep going as your posts are become funnier as you continue to post garbage

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Strangely enough , Willie Tonga did something similar early season for us , result was a caution 

How was it thuggery ? , was Bird injured by Acton ? , how was it cowardice ? , did Acton hit Bird ? 

It was stupidity in anger , followed by a massive overblown social media reaction 

I've always believed the old adage that when you're in a hole you should stop digging ----- you and a couple of your  fellow  Neanderthals appear to have hired a J.C.B. instead. 

17 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Yes they do.

Post me a link if you like , but if I was a coach and it might help an opposition team against me in the future they wouldnt , and it could have compromised Bird 

No chance 

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Post me a link if you like , but if I was a coach and it might help an opposition team against me in the future they wouldnt , and it could have compromised Bird 

No chance 

FFS.  Havent you got to go to work now?

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Have I said it was OK ? , no it wasnt but is it worse than Ban Westwood suggesting the player he speared into the ground " dived into the pitch " ? 

Is it any worse than Bird deliberatly punching Fleming in the face as third man in later in the game , resulting in Fleming struggling to get up and play the ball ? , a single punch can kill can it not ? , a DELIBERATE act ? 

Is it worse than Paul McShane's 1 st tackle of the season being a spear on Gareth Hock and then dropping on his head with a forearm , again a DELIBERATE act ? 

Over with now , hopefully Jamie will come back from it , he has great potential 

In not so many words, you have almost more or less said that the ban is unjustified because he didn't injure Bird, and that it's because "they" are picking on Leigh, i haven't seen you once admit that what Acton did was terrible, in his actions not in the outcome.

You seem to be the kind of person who believes that grabbing a prone person and slamming him down on the ground is fine as long as you don't hurt that person too much, that's frightening! even more worrying is that there is a guy playing top flight RL and a guy who runs a top flight RL club who think it's acceptable to do that too :sad:

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Well you certainly have to wonder , I have to admit I find the disciplinary system in RL somewhat strange , the EGP system allowing lesser punishments , an offence is an offence , we recently have seen Ben Westwood recieve a yellow card and a 4 game ban for a spear tackle , and yet Paul McShane got no card and a 2 match ban for an identical offence , far too often similar or identical offences are punished drastically different 

The weekend before the recent International saw not one single player up before the panel , very convenient 

If we want parents to take their sons to play the sport , then deliberate acts of thuggery designed to injure players must be penalised properly and evenly 

Good grief. It's worse than I thought. They make you sick. Why do you think it is? I have my own ideas on this, revolving around 'them' deliberately picking on certain clubs that they don't want to succeed, I don't know why, maybe because they are jealous. Know what I mean? Please share your thoughts

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

No chance 

He obviously has a problem with the laws of the game and also links..

2 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Good grief. It's worse than I thought. They make you sick. Why do you think it is? I have my own ideas on this, revolving around 'them' deliberately picking on certain clubs that they don't want to succeed, I don't know why, maybe because they are jealous. Know what I mean? Please share your thoughts

Stick to your own ideas,is a good one.

24 minutes ago, Dave T said:

You'd still rather have a body back at what could be a key stage.

Appealing has always had the risk of increase. That was my point about the way they went about it meant an increase was inevitable. You have brought Flower into this a couple of times and I do have a touch of sympathy on that point but it was 9 vs 13 matches until the appeal.

Flower and Wigan showed nothing but remorse, Leigh fannied the disciplinary about twice and despite pleading guilty have then twice challenged the severity, and the player didnt represent himself to show remorse.

Thats why imho Leigh were dumb.

There wasnt much Wigan or Flower could done really , he basically finished the guys career 

Jamie was in hospital on tuesday for an X ray , an injury from training that morning , I doubt theyd have been impressed had we asked to put it back a week 

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

No chance 

Just look at the cases on the disciplinary section of the RFL site. I assume you can find it as it is Leigh's base for seeing who is available to play 

6 minutes ago, SL17 said:

He obviously has a problem with the laws of the game and also links..

It's you & your mates who dont know the Laws

BTW any evidence found that the tackle was late?

2 minutes ago, LeeF said:

Just look at the cases on the disciplinary section of the RFL site. I assume you can find it as it is Leigh's base for seeing who is available to play 

Im sure you could find a few , im certainly not going to look 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I could but if you can't be bothered searching for it then you can remain ignorant and can continue spouting garbage

Rugby league is a man's game. Or at least it used to be. If Bird can't take a bit of rough and tumble he shouldn't be playing the game. It stinks does this. No wonder speccies are walking away from the game in droves. It's obvious what's going on 

14 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Your main beef seems to be the inconsistency of the disciplinary panel and I doubt anyone on the board would disagree, but you are using the wrong example to make you point.

Any right minded person knows what Acton did was wrong and is something we don't want to see in the game. Whether he injured someone or not is immaterial; Carney and Hardaker got long bans for calling someone offensive names (which didn't cause physical injury either) but again it is not something we want to see in the game and rightly were made examples of.

The RFL is correctly setting the bar for the amateur game and kids!

39 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Daz , theres lots of things that go on on RL pitches that should be looked at from a SPORT OF RUGBY LEAGUE view , this was no worse than plenty of those , we had people on here screaming it was as bad as the Ben Floer incident 

It wasnt deliberate , it wasnt pre meditated , there was no punch , no intent to injure , it was a fit of  pique , anger at what he saw as a deliberate act to injure ( only Greg Bird knows for sure the answer to that one ) his team mate , now we see that in plenty of games , we saw it later in that game with Cats having 3 players included Bird getting bans 

So its ok to run across a pitch and punch somebodies lights out , but not grab a shirt and shout at them ? 

Some strange rules 

You still don't get it do you?

8 minutes ago, kiyan said:

Your main beef seems to be the inconsistency of the disciplinary panel and I doubt anyone on the board would disagree, but you are using the wrong example to make you point.

Any right minded person knows what Acton did was wrong and is something we don't want to see in the game. Whether he injured someone or not is immaterial; Carney and Hardaker got long bans for calling someone offensive names (which didn't cause physical injury either) but again it is not something we want to see in the game and rightly were made examples of.

The RFL is correctly setting the bar for the amateur game and kids!

What he did was stupid , and did have the potential to cause further injury if an injury had already occured , a ban was guaranteed and deserved 

So what example would you suggest ? 

I said elsewhere on a Leigh forum, just after the 9 game ban, 5 or 6 was my expectation so I do agree 9 seemed harsh. However, I also think it's best to think about the possible outcry if it was one of our players was on the floor like Bird and an opposition player had done what Jamie did to them? Would we all not have been up in arms asking for them to be banned and posting in a thread about how our own players health had been exposed to a possible brain/neck injury.You have to see both sides and walk in the other mans shoes so to speak.

My first reaction after the appeal tonight was gobsmacked at first because I didn't think it advisable to appeal because of this possible outcome, and then my thoughts went to thinking two stubborn parties met and one said 'sit down'  . They should have attended the first week and they should have taken the punishment and left it at that. It's made the matter a whole lot worse by thinking they could defend it when as said, if done to a Leigh player the exact same people defending Actons actions would be up in arms. 

NB I'm not regarded as a Leigh fan because I don't agree with everything they do 

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Archived