9 games for Acton

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you do something that doesn't actually hurt or injure somebody and you get 9 games , and yet you can deliberately go out to injure , actually injure and get nothing or much less 

A rethinking of the rules of the sport is overdue IMO 

Definatly a result for Mr Bird 

42 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So you do something that doesn't actually hurt or injure somebody and you get 9 games , and yet you can deliberately go out to injure , actually injure and get nothing or much less 

The only result for Bird is that Acton didn't paralyse him

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Acton is lucky Greg Bird is not seriously injured or worse from his actions. No player, no matter what has happened, should Touch a player who is on the floor. Action is lucky just to get a 9 game Ban and that Greg Bird has not received any serious injury from the event.

"Yes mr Officer I ran the red light but I didn't kill someone so why sanction me?"

Poor comment that pal,should have 10 more games imo.

5 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Nice sweeping generalisation there. 

I agree with that. However, to be fair Rob there is very little condemnation from Leigh fans on this thread. From a neutral watching it was truly awful to see.

Just now, Scubby said:

I agree with that. However, to be fair Rob there is very little condemnation from Leigh fans on this thread. From a neutral watching it was truly awful to see.

You'll find plenty of it on dedicated Leigh forums. It's a deserved ban absolutely no question, do I think it's a little harsh in severity?  Maybe, but I can see why they've made an example because it was dumb and reckless and I certainly don't want to wade too deep into any debate on it, because the hysteria that tends to crop up with these types of incedents (on both sides of the argument I might add) usually leaves little room for rational discussion. 

Just now, LeytherRob said:

You'll find plenty of it on dedicated Leigh forums. It's a deserved ban absolutely no question, do I think it's a little harsh in severity?  Maybe, but I can see why they've made an example because it was dumb and reckless and I certainly don't want to wade too deep into any debate on it, because the hysteria that tends to crop up with these types of incedents (on both sides of the argument I might add) usually leaves little room for rational discussion. 

The example thing is exactly right I think. It is less of a foul play thing and more of a line being crossed. 

39 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Leigh fans will always defend thuggery, it's how they think RL should be judging by what i've seen from them in the last few years !!!!

I would sooner someone thought me a fool,than To speak out and remove all doubt.

Archived