The Blue Phoenix Rises!

boat builder

It is unthinkable that we play so poorly again at the Rec Ground! Pride is paramount! Cresta will not accept that performance again! Nor the players. A professional display will be evident! I can only see a Raiders win that puts us into 2nd place. And the promotion play-off will be at Craven Park! Keep the faith! 

I really hope you're right boat builder, the performance on Sunday was so poor it's going to take a real turn around to reverse the scoreline. I came away from the ground so disappointed Toronto aside it really was the worst display I have seen for ages.

richiekeay.gif

I think a little bit of recognition for the opponent wouldn't go a miss. Haven have championship standard quality all around the park , scattered with some young guys and some amateurs keen to impress. They may not have put the points on the lesser sides that Barrow have but they certainly know how to grind out a win against the teams in the top half of the table. I don't think Barrow showed them enough respect on Sunday and weren't prepared to go set for set . I have the privilegde to watch most games through DVD and there has been a step change in Barrows performances since young Abraham has been out of the side. Mossop and Ashall are to alike, Dan strikes fear into tired forwards with his pace.....

Wonder ...... Totally agree but so does Brad Marwood with his sharper ball distribution from acting half

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Interesting points, but I have to disagree with the idea that this one loss suggests failings. In one word - consistancy. Like any pro sport, the leaders consistently win. That said, Haven have experience that Raiders don't have. Just because Haven fell out of the upper league, doesnt mean that they are an easy team to beat. I didn't see Sunday's game, but what I do see is a great deal of effort from Paul Crarey, his coaching team, and the Raiders players - at training sessions, games etc. 

One loss out of a long string of wins isn't indicative of failings. For what's it's worth I think when you win all the time, the the team as a whole can become complacent - and lose something of the collective spirit which is required to drive forth wins. Maybe Sundays loss is then a good thing, as it will re-focus the squad, and in doing so make preparation for whats ahead. 

Archived