21 Jul: SL: Leigh Centurions v Salford Red Devils KO 8pm

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Wire beat Widnes, to give us a very outside chance of getting 11th spot by beating a Salford team who may have half an eye on the following weeks semi, the fixtures for 11th are more favourable than the fixtures for 12th as they should be.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

What GaryO said but without the "Hopefully" bit as I wish to remain impartial.

Can't see a home win though, even with the following week's Cup SF as a mitigating factor.

Leigh 16 Salford 32.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

8 yellows and 3 reds

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

This should be a straightforward win for Salford. However, nothing is ever straightforward with Salford. It's a classic set-up for an upset. I do hope not, though. Salford by 10, with fingers crossed.:blush:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Should give us a measure of the velocity of Salford's current free fall.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Looking at the squad, seems like Jukes will be doing his customary raffle to name a back line. Only one winger and one centre in the squad. Seems like a back line of;

McNally
Brown
Paterson / Langi
Crooks
Dawson
Reynolds / Drinkwater
Mortimer

Salford by lots.

15 hours ago, phiggins said:

Looking at the squad, seems like Jukes will be doing his customary raffle to name a back line. Only one winger and one centre in the squad. Seems like a back line of;

McNally
Brown
Paterson / Langi
Crooks
Dawson
Reynolds / Drinkwater
Mortimer

Salford by lots.

Paterson or Langi ?

Paterson defending in the centres he is like a windmill, stationary with big outstretched arms, anyone who runs outside of that reach they run past him.

Langi, i may be being a bit previous here, I missed Hudds but what I saw at Wire the previous week SL is a step to far for him or maybe two steps to far, definitely not the quality a SL club should be signing.

Great statement "Jukes will do his customary raffle" i have heard that DB is protecting him to the hilt on Social Media,  this is a no win situation for the fans who believe he is out of his depth, if he takes us down we lose, if we somehow manage to stay up no doubt DB will see him as the saviour and we will have to put up him again next year.

Our defence is totally disorganised, and the offence - if you can call it that - is totally flat, no structure, no second phase options, at least 4 drives out of every set and finished of by the least effective kicking game in the comp.

We need Wire to beat Widnes and we need to beat Salford on Friday to give us the better fixtures for finishing in 11th spot, for God's sake lets hope that Jukes can try something different, what have we to lose, his methods, game plans and structures have got us exactly were we deserve to be, bottom.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

1 hour ago, GaryO said:

Paterson or Langi ?

Paterson defending in the centres he is like a windmill, stationary with big outstretched arms, anyone who runs outside of that reach they run past him.

Langi, i may be being a bit previous here, I missed Hudds but what I saw at Wire the previous week SL is a step to far for him or maybe two steps to far, definitely not the quality a SL club should be signing.

Great statement "Jukes will do his customary raffle" i have heard that DB is protecting him to the hilt on Social Media,  this is a no win situation for the fans who believe he is out of his depth, if he takes us down we lose, if we somehow manage to stay up no doubt DB will see him as the saviour and we will have to put up him again next year.

Our defence is totally disorganised, and the offence - if you can call it that - is totally flat, no structure, no second phase options, at least 4 drives out of every set and finished of by the least effective kicking game in the comp.

We need Wire to beat Widnes and we need to beat Salford on Friday to give us the better fixtures for finishing in 11th spot, for God's sake lets hope that Jukes can try something different, what have we to lose, his methods, game plans and structures have got us exactly were we deserve to be, bottom.

Sadly, the only other backs in the squad are Reynolds, Drinkwater and Mortimer, so have to make do. Personally, I think Paterson is the lesser of the evils available. But still not great. 

Idea of relying on Tonga to be fit to play centre is biting us big time

3 hours ago, phiggins said:

Sadly, the only other backs in the squad are Reynolds, Drinkwater and Mortimer, so have to make do. Personally, I think Paterson is the lesser of the evils available. But still not great. 

Idea of relying on Tonga to be fit to play centre is biting us big time

Tonga has left.

I fancy us tomorrow. Wire will need to do us the favour tonight though.

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

Tonga has left.

I fancy us tomorrow. Wire will need to do us the favour tonight though.

I realise that Tonga has left. Meant that at the start of the season, we assembled a squad where only Tonga and Crooks regarded centre as the main position, and relying on players playing out of position to cover. Didn't really need hindsight to know how risky that was.

7 hours ago, phiggins said:

I realise that Tonga has left. Meant that at the start of the season, we assembled a squad where only Tonga and Crooks regarded centre as the main position, and relying on players playing out of position to cover. Didn't really need hindsight to know how risky that was.

I think having an inexperienced coach who us out of his depth and letting your best halfback go to a competitor were riskier

1 hour ago, LeeF said:

I think having an inexperienced coach who us out of his depth and letting your best halfback go to a competitor were riskier

Letting ridyard go for the season wasn't risky, it was outright stupidity.

it was also nothing to do with our options at centre, which is what my posts were about.

10 hours ago, LeeF said:

I should think that what happens at Leigh does not happen without Mr Beaumont's blessing or say so, as I have said before if he is the guy who has decided on the signings we have made in the majority of those he has wasted his money, if on the other hand he has been advised by someone within the club to make those signings then get rid of them for bad advise. But for me his biggest mistake is having a rookie of only 12months expierience of being a head coach in charge of a SL team, it needs experience of the situations that can arise to be able to deal with them, not by learning on the run.

Mr B. has started protecting Jukes by making comparisons with the team performances last season of Brian McDermott and Tony Smith from this season, Smith's team like McDermott's team did will undoubtedly live to ride again, I think that Leigh' s future is very much in the balance, and possibly tipping towards the unthinkable.

And finally, what is the point of signing high profile players for next season, it is now we need them, just like Wire sign Pomeroy and Hiku, HKR get Carney and Mosoe.

9 hours ago, phiggins said:

Letting ridyard go for the season wasn't risky, it was outright stupidity.

it was also nothing to do with our options at centre, which is what my posts were about.

And my post was posting out that bigger errors had been made this season. 

On 19/07/2017 at 4:22 PM, GUBRATS said:

Given Salford have battered us by 6 points at theirs and 8 at Magic ( after a shocking refereeing performance ) I'm hopeful for a win at home 

Oh, oh, what a referee, what a referee, what a referee, oh, oh, etc...etc....:) :) :) :P

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

Leigh to win this one, I think a real possibility.

Unfortunately, I agree that a Leigh win is a distinct possibility. I think we will win by 10, but I'm not confident in that prediction. Leigh need 2 points to finish 11th instead of 12th and our form is currently poor. I hope we win, just as I hope Wigan beat Leeds, Saints beat Wakey and, most of all, Huddersfield beat Hull.

To my Hull FC friends, sorry, but all is fair in love and war!;)

6 - 0 to Leigh after 10 minutes. Maybe another score? No.

Salford committing suicide here. Mistake, penalty, try to Leigh. Now another mistake.

Leigh in again. 10 - 0. Kick to come. 12 - 0.

All Leigh so far. Salford hardly had any possession.

Archived