Under 19 friendly in France

7 minutes ago, RayCee said:

I hope you get some interest Barnyia.

Is it a team that has done well in the competition it plays in? 

It's lezignan under 19 we finished fourth in the league last season,  but age groups have changed so building a newish team  our season starts in October so would like a friendly and something different/exciting for the players, I know it's a long shot due to us playing winter etc, 

Thanks 

You might have more luck if you brought your team over here mate.  I'm sure that you'd have no end of offers then. 

Hope you get sorted though either way. 

17 hours ago, barnyia said:

It's lezignan under 19 we finished fourth in the league last season,  but age groups have changed so building a newish team  our season starts in October so would like a friendly and something different/exciting for the players, I know it's a long shot due to us playing winter etc, 

Thanks 

Lezignan is a top side in the Elite 1, so your team will be ambitious to do well also. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

I was watching the highlights of the Catalan U19 play Castleford U19 in Perpignan. Would a UK U19 side be able to make the trip a few days longer and play your side? Lezignan isn't far away from Perpignan. Just a thought.

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Thanks everybody for the help,  it looks like we've managed to fix up a team for a friendly against lezignan, the same team will play our friends at carcassonne too, 

Just need to finalize a few things, 

Thanks again, 

• 3 weeks later...

Lezignan juniors will be playing Halifax elite academy on the 19th September and carcassonne juniors will be playing then the 21 st September 

Thanks again for all your help, RS the elite 2 season starts the last weekend of September wth rumours of a ferrals v carcassonne/villeneuve minervois derby as the first game but not official yet, 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Excellent night last night, very good physical game, a great atmosphere with 3 to 400 spectators, 

A very good test for my team and was very impressed with both teams, I feel the family atmosphere coming back to the lezignan club! 

Thanks again for making it possible, 

halifax play carcassonne u 19 Thursday night, a bigger team than mine in weight so should be a tough game for both teams,

image.jpeg

Well done that fella in the light green top far right- to make this happen! Keep'm coming.2nd game Carcassonne tomorow at Stade Benausse KO is 6.30pm ?

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

9 hours ago, barnyia said:
  • Excellent night last night, very good physical game, a great atmosphere with 3 to 400 spectators, 

A very good test for my team and was very impressed with both teams, I feel the family atmosphere coming back to the lezignan club! 

Thanks again for making it possible, 

halifax play carcassonne u 19 Thursday night, a bigger team than mine in weight so should be a tough game for both teams,

image.jpeg

Score?

rldfsignature.jpg

Really good hit out for both sides and an excellent opportunity for Halifax Elite Rugby Academy to travel overseas for these fixtures fresh from winning last season's National College Premier Division!

What is also pleasing is that Halifax ERA are education partners for Global Rugby League Academy and, as such, Halifax ERA featured GRLA players from Cumbria (Kendal), Aberdeen Warriors (Scotland) and 2 from RLC Dragons Krupka (Czech Republic)! What a huge experience this mini-tour is especially for these guys!

1 hour ago, barnyia said:

Come back from 20 points to 4 by Halifax to 22 20 at the 60 minute mark then big changes for both teams for the last 20 mins and after 80 mins 26 all draw,

We played 4 quarters 

Excellent friendly well refereed by Benjamin casty 

Remi's brother and the one who got assaulted recently? Good to see he's not walked away from the game 

16 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Remi's brother and the one who got assaulted recently? Good to see he's not walked away from the game 

Agreed, DD.  I was about to make the same point.

Archived