30 Jul: CCSF: Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils KO 2.30pm (TV)

Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Semi Final 2  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the semi final?

• Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more
    • Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points
    • Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 1 to 6 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 7 to 12 points
    • Salford Red Devils by 13 points or more

SUNDAY 30TH JULY 2017
Ladbrokes Challenge Cup - Semi Final
Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils KO 2.30pm at Halliwell Jones Stadium, Warrington

Discuss the game here.

Anybody going to this one? :huh:

Regardless of what others have said, I reckon this'll be a good scrap. Salford will surely be busting a gut to get to Wembley and Wigan will no doubt be their usual overly competitive selves.

Hoping for a Salford win for tonyxiii's sake and obviously the usual feelings that you have when good comes up against evil. :smile:

Sadly, I think the Pies big game experience will carry them through.

Solfud 16 Pies 26.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

32 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Anybody going to this one? :huh:

Regardless of what others have said, I reckon this'll be a good scrap. Salford will surely be busting a gut to get to Wembley and Wigan will no doubt be their usual overly competitive selves.

Hoping for a Salford win for tonyxiii's sake and obviously the usual feelings that you have when good comes up against evil. :smile:

Sadly, I think the Pies big game experience will carry them through.

Solfud 16 Pies 26.

Obviously, I can't make it to this game. However, I will be at Wembley to see Salford lift the Cup after beating Hull by 10 points.:yahoo:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Wigan by 20.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

I'd like to see Salford get to Wembley and lift the CC as a reward for some great work this season, especially as I'm hoping that Saints can deny them a place in the playoffs, and it's always nice when Wigan lose!  Unfortunately I suspect that Wigan will just edge them out by 10.  At least that would mean that Wigan don't get the week off before what could be a vital derby fixture in the 8s.

Atter all the bad press that Mr Koukash has suffered in the previous seasons, some deserved some not so in my opinion, I would be overjoyed to see him lead his team out at Wembley, I think it most probably goes without saying that we may have been minus a team representing Salford but for his input, I hope he is not disapointed, but somehow I have a little sneaking feeling he might just be, I live in hope. 

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Hoping for a Salford win..Wigan have enough CC credits

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

Salford need to get two scores in front and hold onto it. If it is closer than that in the closing stages Wigan will find a way to win it, or the officials will find a way for them to win it. I'm going to this game, missing the club I support playing at home for the first time this season, and will be supporting my home town club - Salford, with all of my heart. I don't believe its a forgone conclusion that Wigan will win but they must be favourites. Last time Salford played at Wembley I was at Old Trafford watching Manchester United beat Leicester City 3-2.

Good for RL if Salford win, Brilliant for their future if Salford win .....

But this is RL and the History of Fairytales tells me Warriors by 50

But I hope I'm wrong.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

6 minutes ago, snapski said:

Well done Salford for selling out your allocation 

Hear hear! They've done the business and, even if many are fair-weather fans, some of the new/returning attendees will get hooked.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

32 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Hear hear! They've done the business and, even if many are fair-weather fans, some of the new/returning attendees will get hooked.

Especially if they win, getting close in a good entertaining game will influence some, but if they get walloped they may even lose some of those who have crept back already.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

3 hours ago, GaryO said:

Especially if they win, getting close in a good entertaining game will influence some, but if they get walloped they may even lose some of those who have crept back already.

If they play well, they will catch the eye of potential fans. Even if they lose, but still play good Rugby.

The only really bad outcome is if they just fall to pieces and capitulate but, with Wembley at stake, I think they're a better team than that. However, I'm sure the forum Marvins will disagree. ;)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any news on how tickets are going for this? Heard lots of positive noise out of Salford re allocations, but don't know how big the allocations were.

Would love Salford to win, but I fear it will be Wigan, I've gone 7-12 but fear it could also be a big win.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

I hope for the loyal Salford fans I'm wrong but I can sense a massive boil over in this one, Wigan 20 plus.

No one ever gave David much of a chance against Goliath did they? really is all on the day, Wigan are pretty much coming to the boil while Salford seemingly in freefall so the head says Wigan heart says Salford who on their day have got some serious match winners in Carney,Vatuvei.

I will be there and hoping for a Salford win which lets be honest, would be good to see something of a change from the status quo!

Archived