Walshaw

Sheriffe

Spicer

speakman

ward

hallett

squires

knowles

need some more props and second row. Should try get Daniel I back from Fev! Anyone know if any are already contracted for 2018? 

Edited by thehullram

You've missed a few out,does that mean you don't want them?

Garreth Moore as agreed a 2 year contract.

Walshaw is contracted next year, along with James Glover.

Michael Knowles is contracted next year.

There a few of them I'd like to keep, we'll see.

Apparently Guzdeks going to Hull KR, that's the rumour anyway and interest shown in Arron Brown from Fev. Would love both to stay. Great news with Moore agreeing a 2 year deal, let's get him to sign that dotted line!!

Would like Sam Day to stay too. The ones I'd release would be Hemingway, Potts, Stringer, Tonks, Fairhurst( not going to get much game time) and on current form Alex Brown

Edited by christheram

I believe that Stringer is retiring at the end of the season, and that might apply to Tonks as well, sadly.

Posting on here that you want certain players to be released isn't exactly going to get the best out of them for the rest of the season though, is it?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ramite said:

I'm impressed any players read this forum !

I'm impressed if any players can read ;);)

I'm Kidding before some society for the protection of players comes parking their tanks on my lawn :)

Edited by coolie
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, christheram said:

Would like Sam Day to stay too. The ones I'd release would be Hemingway, Potts, Stringer, Tonks, Fairhurst( not going to get much game time) and on current form Alex Brown

Really haven't seen enough of Potts to judge him. As far as I can see, he had a poor game at the start of the season along with most of the rest of the team, and then was dropped. Like to see him have a few games in the eights before being dumped. Either way/ if we keep Morton on one wing, we need someone with pace on the other. 

3 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Really haven't seen enough of Potts to judge him. As far as I can see, he had a poor game at the start of the season along with most of the rest of the team, and then was dropped. Like to see him have a few games in the eights before being dumped. Either way/ if we keep Morton on one wing, we need someone with pace on the other. 

Why, when have we ever had that in recent history?

15 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Dalton Grant had pace to burn when we signed him.....  but GM played him as a battering ram style prop forward and his pace declined over the time he was with us!!  ... Remember his first season early games ...no one got near him when he was in the clear ... compare it 12 months later when he got regularly run down....  

I agree we need the threat of some real pace in the side .... A fit Potts might have it ... he used to!!!  

Edited by the old nine ole

18 minutes ago, YOUNG UN said:

Austin & Bryn could shift

Not really,   Good wingers but we havent had a speedster that couldn't be caught once clear for many a year...

42 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Ermm - Flynn and Godfrey/Baker ? Can't remember the coach at the time. :rolleyes:

Dennis Bailey and wasn't Marquis Charles also a winger who played in the same side? Or is my memory playing tricks on me and Charles played in a different position? 

Edited by DOGFATHER

2 hours ago, YOUNG UN said:

Austin & Bryn could shift

Austin lost his street credit for speed when preece gave him a head start and still ran him down on a full length of the field vs batley. 

Bit like a sloth catching me in a foot race ;)

I thought this thread was about the 2018 squad .... not a nostalgia trip into speedy wingers of the past!!  ... incidentally my personal choice of speedy wingers of the past were Greg Ashcroft and Geoff Marsh!!  ....

Perhaps we should start another thread .... I'll leave it to the nostalgic!!

Have we really signed Gaz Moore for 2 seasons??  ... I see it on line and I see The Press are reporting it .... BUT .. has it been confirmed by the Rams??  .....  I really hope so!!

38 minutes ago, coolie said:

Austin lost his street credit for speed when preece gave him a head start and still ran him down on a full length of the field vs batley. 

Bit like a sloth catching me in a foot race ;)

After a bad knee injury and never the same again. Prefer to remember him scoring picking the ball up at Sheffield behind his own line and scorching the grass as he left everybody in his wake and put the ball down behind the posts.

9 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

I thought this thread was about the 2018 squad .... not a nostalgia trip into speedy wingers of the past!!  ... incidentally my personal choice of speedy wingers of the past were Greg Ashcroft and Geoff Marsh!!  ....

Have we really signed Gaz Moore for 2 seasons??  ... I see it on line and I see The Press are reporting it .... BUT .. has it been confirmed by the Rams??  .....  I really hope so!!

its the law.  we have to take about Eddie every few weeks...

Best winger I remember and will never be beaten but youre right, we have this discussion every few weeks..

News on Gaz is fantastic.  Right cheered me up...

10 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Of course you are right Old Niine, I wasn't intending to hijack the thread, just trying to point out that we appear to have binned a decent (at Batley and Fax anyway) winger after one or two indifferent performances at a time when even Browny, Stringer and just about everybody else were rubbish. He has been either unfit or out of favour since his arrival, so let's give him a chance.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Of course you are right Old Niine, I wasn't intending to hijack the thread, just trying to point out that we appear to have binned a decent (at Batley and Fax anyway) winger after one or two indifferent performances at a time when even Browny, Stringer and just about everybody else were rubbish. He has been either unfit or out of favour since his arrival, so let's give him a chance.

I agree Potts hasn't been really fit since he joined us ..... I say get him fit and then decide!!  but of course  his injury may be chronic and he may never recover the pace he once had!   

Edited by the old nine ole

10 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

Hope you can see now why I was asking earlier in the week for Fans to give a bit of Financial Commitment for next season.

If you are happy with the signing, make the Club happy with a bit of Financial support. 

Potts seemed a good winger when he played at batley and was always up there with the leading try scores.

He then went on Fax were he picked up a few injures, which has carried during his time with us.

Tbf to him he's not had enough opportunities in a Dews shirt I would start him over Alex Brown in the Rochdale game, hopefully he gets chance to prove himself in these shield matches.

To see if he is worthy of a contract for next season.

I've bought a ticket to the 8's

I've even flogged one to a new supporter.

I'm buying a season ticket next season... I'm doing what I can.

Need more to show the faith I'm showing. 

If we want players like Guzdek to stay the fans as well as the club have to go the extra half yard.

Warchest needs sorting on the crest of this new found excitement. Tap into the positivity around the fan's 

For me amber ribbon have had enough time to get this launched. 

I propose that the warchest is organised by the fan's for the club.

Time for action!! 

• Like 3