Has there ever been a thread on here about PPI Claims?

I said my statement to a company, ISmart I saw advertised in the Metro years ago and I never received anything and they  eventually sent them all back to me.   When I looked at the statements in more detail I'm sure they got it wrong.  I see that the banks are setting aside more large sums of money to pay these claims so I wondering where to go about pursuing it further? 

About three years ago I sent a completed copy of the free template letter I saw on the Money Saving Expert forum to all of my credit companies going back a long time, I genuinely didn't expect anything as I didn't think I was daft enough to have done PPI.  I got a reply from all of them bar one saying "no claim as you specifically opted out of PPI", the other said "you have a reasonable claim, here's an entire refund of money you paid for PPI plus interest", the interest was about three times the money they refunded.

There really is no need to get any of the claims companies involved, they'll just do the same as you can for free, and probably have plagiarised the same free template, before skimming off a good bit of any money due to you.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

16 minutes ago, ckn said:

About three years ago I sent a completed copy of the free template letter I saw on the Money Saving Expert forum to all of my credit companies going back a long time, I genuinely didn't expect anything as I didn't think I was daft enough to have done PPI.  I got a reply from all of them bar one saying "no claim as you specifically opted out of PPI", the other said "you have a reasonable claim, here's an entire refund of money you paid for PPI plus interest", the interest was about three times the money they refunded.

There really is no need to get any of the claims companies involved, they'll just do the same as you can for free, and probably have plagiarised the same free template, before skimming off a good bit of any money due to you.

That's what I did.  I didn't use a company I did it myself.  I won't say how much I got, but it was a fair old lump of money.  I gave half of it to my kids, and put  the rest towards second hand Golf.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

2 hours ago, ckn said:

Yeah that's how we did it. Was very surprised with how much we got back prolly due to the time that had past. 

I claimed a few years back. But more recently I received a top up payment (without any action from me) from the companies due to an error in their calculations. 

Did everything myself. Once you've got one template done you just update the relevant account numbers & agreement dates. It's a pretty simple process

Slightly O/T but having just about managed to block all the PPI companies I took a call earlier this week from a company promising to get me money for delayed flights! I guess that's is the new whizz we are about to be bombarded with.

Archived