Sign in to follow this  
Scubby

It's been a great few days for RL here

We all get a little frustrated with things that's for sure, but let's actually celebrate what a fantastic few days it has been for RL.

• The RL wheelchair World Cup was well staged, well attended and fantastic viewing. The final itself an absolute cliff hanger. Well done to Fra and Eng.
  • The semi final was buzzing yesterday with some great RL played and terrific tries. Another to look forward to today!
  • South Wales like a phoenix rise from the dead and get a win for the new owners at their new home in Llanelli  
  • York continuing their excellent year (having not even been in the fixture list in Dec) with a predicted big crowd against Toronto
  • Women's Challenge Cup final Bradford v Featherstone (I'm going to let the venue stuff go for this thread lol)

There are always lots of things to gripe about in our game but for this week I am really enjoying what RL has to offer. Let's hope there are many more fantastic weeks like this again during the rest of the season!

• Like 18

27 minutes ago, Scubby said:

We all get a little frustrated with things that's for sure, but let's actually celebrate what a fantastic few days it has been for RL.

• The RL wheelchair World Cup was well staged, well attended and fantastic viewing. The final itself an absolute cliff hanger. Well done to Fra and Eng.
  • The semi final was buzzing yesterday with some great RL played and terrific tries. Another to look forward to today!
  • South Wales like a phoenix rise from the dead and get a win for the new owners at their new home in Llanelli  
  • York continuing their excellent year (having not even been in the fixture list in Dec) with a predicted big crowd against Toronto
  • Women's Challenge Cup final Bradford v Featherstone (I'm going to let the venue stuff go for this thread lol)

There are always lots of things to gripe about in our game but for this week I am really enjoying what RL has to offer. Let's hope there are many more fantastic weeks like this again during the rest of the season!

Steady on, Scubby; you're a RL fan!  I think you need to lie down in a darkened room, and with a damp towel over your head, for a few hours!

Worringly, I agree with you.  Off to my own darkened room...!

• Like 2

Agree with the OP, I've had more than few grumbles about the direction RL is heading in but you shouldn't forget the good stuff going on too. Good stuff

• Like 1

Fantastic occasion at Warrington again today. This weekend has shown that thousands of passionate fans really care about the Challenge Cup and other important areas of our game! So enjoyable.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Scubby said:

And it's only going to get better in the next few months with what you'd expect to be a bumper attendance for the classic 1985 hull fc v Wigan challenge cup final re-match showdown at Wembley and hopefully a cas appearance at old Trafford. Plus the World Cup down under.

What a wonderful day for RL. Congrats to Wigan, Keighley, Workington, Barrow, York, Hemel (wow!), Skolars, Hunslet and Bradford Bulls women. So enjoyable.

• Like 4

Gilles Clausells voted the Player of the Tournament has announced his retirement. French Fed President Marc Palanques is writing to the French President to request honering this teams achievements by receiving them at the Elysee Palace. Great traditional Tricolore shirt here too. Hope the team travelling to Australia will wear the same.

cover_1501420220.jpg

• Like 2