Sign in to follow this  
Lowdesert

Hull FC sign duo

There are, as usual, some highlight reels on YouTube. Faraimo looks strong and fairly quick.

• Like 1

Wasn't he playing on the wing for Parra the other week and they were talking about the havoc he'd caused in lower grades ? Big strong guy who was an eye catcher in the WC

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Wasn't he playing on the wing for Parra the other week and they were talking about the havoc he'd caused in lower grades ? Big strong guy who was an eye catcher in the WC

Seems a big lump.

Mods: can this and OFs thread be merged please?

4 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Just delete mine, no problem.

I took too long trying to spell his name right. 

It's Paea ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

It's Paea ?

Not so sure about him, 2nd time around.  Taylor, Watts, Bowden and Green are doing well imo. Brad Fash coming on.

But the 'smoking gun', seems he could be right up Hulls street.

13 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Just delete mine, no problem.

I took too long trying to spell his name right. 

I kept thinking of that guy that played the Hulk

3 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Not so sure about him, 2nd time around.  Taylor, Watts, Bowden and Green are doing well imo. Brad Fash coming on.

But the 'smoking gun', seems he could be right up Hulls street.

Yeah that was my concern although 31 isn't that old. I was more thinking how they'd fit him into their overseas quota........am guessing Minichello has an Italian passport?

4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

am guessing Minichello has an Italian passport?

If he has I hope his name on it is spelt better than you've managed. :smile:

8 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Lou Ferrigno...ish?

Im guessing Watts (or maybe Green) will play 13 next year to fit Paea in. I know very little about Faraimo but he looks a big powerful guy cut from the same cloth as Fonua.

Definitely does his curls at the gym. Those biceps are huge on that picture on the FC website!

I'll watch the highlight reels when I've finished up at this wedding (I know, I know... a wedding on a Monday!)

48 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Yeah that was my concern although 31 isn't that old. I was more thinking how they'd fit him into their overseas quota........am guessing Minichello has an Italian passport?

Probably.  Who knows these days.  Willie Mason was a Samoan/Tongan\Kiwi/Australian, so just once nationality is nay bother.

I think Paea has had, more or less, a year off at the Knights.  And in a losing side, that he couldn't get a game, would be a worry for me.  I hope he's coming to have a dig.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Please stick to Rugby and keep your Bill Bixby fetish for the AOB Forum. ;)

• Like 1

Wasn't Faraimo on the USA Tomahawks side at the last world cup?

11 hours ago, DavidM said:

Is it not a worry that Paea hasn't been able to get a gig at the Knights ?

Barely played and when he has been pretty anonymous.  Coming back to SL may invigorate him but on current form, not sure he's worth a contract. 

It's at a team like the Knights where good players come to the fore and the average ones are shown up. The likes of Ross and Gagai stand out in a poor team, Paea and many others (sadly also like Wardle) go missing.

9 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

A 31 yr old who can't hack it with the worst team in the NRL.why ??

Maybe the academy isn't doing its job? 

• Like 1

For a club with seven overseas players already on their books I find those signings really disappointing on a number of levels.  (I acknowledge that not all of those seven might be there in 2018.)

All clubs should agree reduced set limits phased in over time for the general health of the game in this country.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

Maybe the academy isn't doing its job? 

Naughty.

We've had a few kids come through the academy to make their SL debuts in the forwards over the last 2-3 years who are still at the club, plus the likes of Josh Bowden who is now, as you could see last Saturday, very much a first team regular. Turgut, Fash Downs and Matongo have made the grade to first team squad and have played plenty of SL football between them. Admittedly we fall some distance short of the Wigan production line but so do most clubs.

Can't say I was over impressed with the rumours and subsequent announcement of Paea's signature but, as everyone knows on here, in Radford I trust. :ph34r:

He'll have to step up a bit in performance from his last efforts in a Hull shirt but we're a bit better now so I suppose that will make it easier for him.

As to Faraimo, he's obviously been signed as a direct replacement for Fonua and certainly looks the part. Big, fast and strong, he fits the Radford mould perfectly, let's hope his attitude is where it should be as we'll have one hell of a player if so.