Sign in to follow this  
Roryfellinghamwebb

Is it time to reform Service Areas?

Are lads being lost to the game, post 15 year old if they are not getting picked up by academies? There seems to be a distinct lack of U16 teams and whilst I realise that participation in general is on the decrease, it seems there is nothing for these lads to aim for once their peers get moved into superleague academies. Or even reform the old Yorkshire teams? 

The service areas redirected the better players away from the small clubs/teams leaving them short of players that lead to them folding

• Like 1

What's really needed is a change to the "viking harvest" mindset.  Every team should be a stakeholder in something local that is a level above their ambition.

Every pro/semi pro team should have to field and acadamy or alliance team then they can play regular games say on a saturday or on a sunday before the first team games this gives a pathway into next level if every team has one then every area will get help from pro clubs because its in there intrest to get the players coming through.

Players get better coachi g for a few years if they cant make the step up after they should filter back in to amauter game thats how it was when i was younger.

I played with and against some very good lads at some very good grounds some now knocked down but it was a great experience then coming across lads later on in yorkshire leagues talking about old times like old men