Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Peter Moon

Barrow Raiders v Doncaster Rovers

17 posts in this topic

Sunday see's Barrow play Doncaster. Some tough games ahead. Raiders look set for another top season, however we need to use everything we've got, including a good crowd to rally the team. No excuses. 3pm kick off - "COME ON RAIDERS". 

Doncaster Rovers I do not think so . Wrong game !

But that is the least of our worries.

Wrong game? What is the least of our worries weighman?

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, TMF said:

Wrong game? What is the least of our worries weighman?

Well if we can't beat Doncaster Rovers' 11 men and with them not being allowed to catch the ball we will be serious trouble.

Edited by Bearman
Spelling

Ron, stop it. Now i'm seriously confused. 'Least of our worries',' Doncaster's 11 men', 'not allowed to catch the ball'? Where am I? Just askin.

39 minutes ago, TMF said:

Ron, stop it. Now i'm seriously confused. 'Least of our worries',' Doncaster's 11 men', 'not allowed to catch the ball'? Where am I? Just askin.

I think there is a bit of confusion over who we play on Sunday

Is it Doncaster Rugby League Football Club. OR Doncaster ROVERS AFC ?

Got it. Doh.

1 person likes this

Well done barrow. Keep it going. 😁

good win in terrible conditions, fantastic defence, but raiders made it harder for themselves, far better of two teams, but a few handling errors put pressure on them, but it's points in the bag.

1 person likes this

Agree alba, especially about the defence,  but wow, talk about grinding out a result. The number of penalties given away was ridiculous. Can't blame the conditions, it was the same for both sides and i thought, overall,  the ref had a good game. Just get frustrated sometimes that the wings don't get enough of the ball. Still, onwards and upwards.

good win on a bloody awful August afternoon. Both teams did well in the slippery conditions....we were just that little bit better but Donny will take some beating on their own midding. Their fullback was excellent.

1 person likes this

I agree dreadful day. Very exciting in the end and we just managed to end as victors, I thought the ref was very poor (bring back Gary Hewer). Ref did not keep the game going but Donny got away with holding down and high tackles largely unpunished.

As far as I am concerned weather and the ref were the winners. I think it was impossible to use the wingers fully because of the weather and the solid donny sliding defence.

A wins a win  The gate was never mentioned.butit did not look very high to me.

Pretty good description of the game Michael, but I think the crowd wasn't quite what the club would have liked, it was somewhere in the region of 850.

First game I've been to this season, tough game and ground out the win in at times poor conditions. I think Barrow fans need to take their blue tinted glasses off regarding referees, both teams were constantly offside and both teams were putting high tackles in which he seemed happy to let go. Barrows short kicking game was abysmal and why Mossop and Ashall are both in the 17 I don't know, both very similar players, would be better with Abram on the bench.

2 people like this

agree re Abram and even Marwood

7 hours ago, RAIDERSRUS said:

First game I've been to this season, tough game and ground out the win in at times poor conditions. I think Barrow fans need to take their blue tinted glasses off regarding referees, both teams were constantly offside and both teams were putting high tackles in which he seemed happy to let go. Barrows short kicking game was abysmal and why Mossop and Ashall are both in the 17 I don't know, both very similar players, would be better with Abram on the bench.

Re Mossop and Ashall
..  picked in the 17  probably because imo they are stronger defenders and more experienced. Ashall has great distribution and Mossop is a great scooter from the play the ball position. So they are both different!  You cannot judge any player in those conditions. It was a great hard fought win.  (Only two league defeats all season against the top two teams away from home) WELL DONE LADS . See you at Newcastle Saturday

1 person likes this

Another good win that shows the team can dig deep and win the hard way in poor conditions. Our pack is just class id love to have seen toronto come and play us at craven park this year but its not to be. Need to carry the momentum up to Newcastle cant afford any slip ups with haven on our heels!