Sign in to follow this  
mickhornet

Thatto beat Siddal..

On 5 August 2017 at 7:39 PM, mickhornet said:

Only Siddals  second loss. Win for Mayfield, puts them third,getting tight at the top. 

Siddal still firm favourites for me,Thatto seem to be over their mini slump and will push them all the way,don't see Mayfield in the mix,especially as they struggled to overcome a makeshift Wath Brow side at the weekend,another losing semifinal at best.

I was at the game (a second half 0-0), Wayne English had one of those days he hardly ever has...no Houghy either....Mayfield will play better Wath Brow gave all but seemed to lack penetration in the Mayfield 10...Ref got undeserved stick...I thought he had a good game.

Wath Brow Hornets are no walkovers patched up or otherwise...couldn`t fault them for effort.

I don't like to have a go at refs but I thought the guy had a bad game on Saturday and I also think that he was poorly served by the touch judges.

To me, it looked like two good teams both having off days at the same time.  There were some bits of good football from both sides but on the whole, it was a bit scrappy.  Mayfield would have benefitted from a bit of direction from Houghy or Sam B but the two Zacs (it was them wasn't it ?) improve with every game and will learn a bit of "game management" with time.

I watch a lot of games as a neutral. Regardless of wether the Ref has a good game or not I find the touch judges rarely make any useful contribution other than to run straight to the secretary after the game with their hands out for their pocket money.

• Like 1