Do you want to sign this

Hello,

I just signed the petition, “RFL: Nigel Wood RFL vote of no confidence.” I think this is important. Will you sign it too?

Here’s the link:

https://www.change.org/p/rfl-nigel-wood-rfl-vote-of-no-confidence?utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_signer_receipt&utm_campaign=triggered&share_context=signature_receipt&recruiter=562384382

Thanks,
Doug

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

i have not made any comment about his weight, that's his problem. you only have to look at the demise of the amateur game as a reason for his mismanagement. without a thriving amateur game Rugby League in this country is doomed. There are more important things than Super League and having a team in Canada.

2 hours ago, Big Doug said:

i have not made any comment about his weight, that's his problem. you only have to look at the demise of the amateur game as a reason for his mismanagement. without a thriving amateur game Rugby League in this country is doomed. There are more important things than Super League and having a team in Canada.

Sorry but SL is the most important.  Without the money for SL on TV the RFL would have nothing.  Take away the (limited) RFL funding that CH clubs get now and many would not survive.  

Canada are paying their own way.  

Parts of the amateur game are not under RFL control.  

The game has lots of issues, and attention should be focused on them instead of a petition that seems to fire off in 100 different directions.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

The RFL are past caring about the amateur game I'm afraid,does the community board even sit anymore and if it does who is actually on it ?

Yes 

and

http://www.rugby-league.com/the_rfl/community_board/board_members

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Sorry but SL is the most important.  Without the money for SL on TV the RFL would have nothing.  Take away the (limited) RFL funding that CH clubs get now and many would not survive.  

The game has lots of issues, and attention should be focused on them instead of a petition that seems to fire off in 100 different directions.  

And where will the Superleague clubs get their players from in the future if the amateur clubs continue to whither and die.

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

And where will the Superleague clubs get their players from in the future if the amateur clubs continue to whither and die.

Ok give the bulk of the money to the amateur game and see where we are.

Without SL and SL money the professional game is over.  The amateur game would bumble along as a minor obscure sport.  

the Pro Clubs have a Take Take Take attitude, the Amateur Clubs in the NCL are often administered much better than the League 1 Clubs, we cannot trade at a loss like they do and run complete youth sections

I do think the Amateur Game needs better recognition for the development work of the players, St Pats have created more greats of the game than Wigan RLFC in my opinion

5 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Without SL and SL money the professional game is over.  The amateur game would bumble along as a minor obscure sport.  

Nobody has mentioned giving the "bulk" of the RFLs money to amateur clubs,but without a change of direction we won't have a functioning amateur game and then see where Superleague will be with little or no conveyor belt of talent.

41 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

So by your argument is that Super League is the most important to the exclusion of everything else. Without the Amateur give you have no players for Super League. But I suppose we could fill all the Super League clubs with Australian And New Zealand players. Our ability to compete against them now is mostly caused by THeir players playing for our Super Laegue cluns in the crucial positions.

Look round at the age range of people watching RL in this country and its getting older and older each year. In a few years time no one will be watching. Under Woods stewardship the game will die.

Canada are hardly paying their way with the assisted travel costs being handed out for teams playing them. 

4 minutes ago, Big Doug said:

So by your argument is that Super League is the most important to the exclusion of everything else. Without the Amateur give you have no players for Super League. But I suppose we could fill all the Super League clubs with Australian And New Zealand players. Our ability to compete against them now is mostly caused by THeir players playing for our Super Laegue cluns in the crucial positions.

Look round at the age range of people watching RL in this country and its getting older and older each year. In a few years time no one will be watching. Under Woods stewardship the game will die.

Canada are hardly paying their way with the assisted travel costs being handed out for teams playing them. 

SL is the most important to finance the game.  Its not exclusive and notice I didn't say it was.  

Who is paying for the assisted travel cost?  The RFL or Toronto?

1 hour ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Which parts aren't under the control of the RFL ?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

21 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Which parts aren't under the control of the RFL ?

BARLA leagues and the NCL do their own thing.  

9 hours ago, TheDuke said:

Do you know exactly how much funding the amateur clubs get from the RFL?

Do you actively support or help administer any amateur side?

Not enough.

I founded a club, ran it for 7 years and now sit in a comfy armchair.  

22 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Doesn't need the bulk of the money, 30 (young/retired players) development officers on around 20k a year located in the correct areas will start and produce players within 5 to 6 years.

4 hours ago, Marauder said:

Doesn't need the bulk of the money, 30 (young/retired players) development officers on around 20k a year located in the correct areas will start and produce players within 5 to 6 years.

Thats £20K + £10K NI and bits + £10K+ travel/car/equipment, so £40-£50K x 30 over 5 years.  I agree that would be £7m well spent, the question is do the RFL have £7-£8m spare?  

8 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Thats £20K + £10K NI and bits + £10K+ travel/car/equipment, so £40-£50K x 30 over 5 years.  I agree that would be £7m well spent, the question is do the RFL have £7-£8m spare?  

In one breath they say highest ever turnover they then make people redundant and have no development officers which has affected participation this then effects SE funding

Short sighted but I will give myself a pay rise, NW had just paid enough into his pension it would have paid for a part time DO

On 6 August 2017 at 6:10 PM, Big Doug said:

read the pathetic comments accompanying it.

12 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Cut big lads wage by £200,000 a year x 5 that's a nice chunk into the pot for starters

Archived