Sign in to follow this  
glemiln

Saving ourselves, are we?

A 56-8 loss, only tempered by the fact that Swinton & Oldham shipped similar scores, with Bulls losing too.  Our travelling supporters deserve better, allowing even for the missing players.

Our coach wasn't happy with our last outing at Dewsbury, so I guess he's livid to say the least.  We need to match our main rivals results to survive the Championship.  Oldham need to win 3 of remaining 6 and hope we carry on as today!  

Lets hope we can raise our game for next week.  Oldham has Bulls at home, Swinton has Eagles.

This was the worst display of the season. I can't think of a single positive. This didn't look like the same side that beat Oldham. If we carry on as today I can't see where our next points are coming from. Hopefully we will soon have Middlehurst and Massam back from injury and Moores from suspension.. With a few exceptions we seemed to lack any enthusiasm or appetite for the game. At times I was convinced that the Dewsbury Moor u16 girls team (who were doing a collection at half time) could break through some of our tackling. Luckily for us Oldham and Swinton both lost heavily. We never seem to play well after a week off.

We need a vast improvement if we are to stand any chance against Batley next week. I can only hope.

Swinton and Oldham at home and Bradford away are the three games we should target.we will get nothing from the other 3 games except injuries.Staying up is paramount. 

I think we are banking on winning against Oldham and Swinton after todays results its deja vue.Thats why we didn't risk Middlehurst or Massam .Fingers crossed we'll do iit.

Not risking players who haven't fully recovered from injury is fine. However we still had a team out there that should have produced a more gutsy and better performance The fans were let down by this embarrassing display.

The highlights?? are available on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6knzsUBqEs  although not recommended viewing for Hornet's fans! 

Edited by Pedro

We can't blame Campbell for this defeat. Although not good I've seen a lot worse refereeing displays than this. Callum Straw in every match I've seen him comes to mind straight away.

Agreed, TS, especially given the stakes and the importance of building (the right) momentum, as Rams have done regularly over recent weeks.  A repeat of yesterday over the next two games and especially down in France, with Ford due to return, is not the way to go into the Oldham, Swinton games. We have a 94 better points difference still than Oldham.  Performance and win/draw would help the cause and not rely on our rivals' results.  Another factor is Bulls and how Coach and players react to being relegated - their attitude may yet have a say on who joins them.  It's our attitude that will count.

Hornets: Batley H * TOX A * OWD H * Swint H * Eagles A * Bulls A

OWD: Bulls H * Batley A * Hornets A * TOX H * Swinton A * Rams H

Swinton: Eagle H * Bulls H * Rams A * Hornets A * OWD H * TOX A

How in God's name can did Campbell rate a 77/100 reported in today's League Express, he was abysmal. He had knock on's and forward passes under his nose and still ignored them. What is the rule for playing the advantage? He pulled us back to a scrum after we had planted the ball over the line, yet he waves play on for for Dewsbury, the ref was an absolute pie can. Matty Haddon and Jono Smith were the only players I can honestly say came out with any credit today, the rest of them looked like they were playing in a knock about. Felt for Kev Penny though, if he had his arm in the air once he had it up fifty times, but no service, he could have gone home at half time and the rest of the team wouldn't have known he'd gone.

Edited by The Baron Mk11
Additional info.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

How in God's name can did Campbell rate a 77/100 reported in today's League Express, he was abysmal. He had knock on's and forward passes under his nose and still ignored them. What is the rule for playing the advantage? He pulled us back to a scrum after we had planted the ball over the line, yet he waves play on for for Dewsbury, the ref was an absolute pie can. Matty Haddon and Jono Smith were the only players I can honestly say came out with any credit today, the rest of them looked like they were playing in a knock about. Felt for Kev Penny though, if he had his arm in the air once he had it up fifty times, but no service, he could have gone home at half time and the rest of the team wouldn't have known he'd gone.

Ref gave some poor decision's for both sides,but to try and blame the referee for 56pts.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Ref gave some poor decision's for both sides,but to try and blame the referee for 56pts.

Both sides? I don't think so, you were constantly moving of the mark at the ptb forward passes ignored, We didn't play very well no,he sill had a lousy game.

Afraid Rochdale played poorly, offering little and your big forwards seemed too awkward to be useful with only Jono Smith (in my opinion) showing any guile. 

You really shouldn't blame the referee for the defeat; he was no worse than others we've probably both had in front of us AND he awarded you more penalties than he did for Dewsbury. Accept you played poorly and do Batley over next weekend and we'll all be pleased.

i thought your supporters were great and it's a pity your players didn't respond to your encouragement.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mickhornet said:

Both sides? I don't think so, you were constantly moving of the mark at the ptb forward passes ignored, We didn't play very well no,he sill had a lousy game.

If we were walking off the mark it was due to you laying on to slow play the ball down. You obviously didn't see the knock on for your 2nd try,or when he disallowed Aaron Brown's try giving a FORWARD PASS.

I don't know what's happened but you don't look half the side you did earlier this season,apart from Jono Smith you looked very unfit,a bit like we were up until Neil Kelly took over.

Good luck rest of season ??

On Sunday, August 06, 2017 at 5:50 PM, Pedro said:

This was the worst display of the season. I can't think of a single positive. This didn't look like the same side that beat Oldham. If we carry on as today I can't see where our next points are coming from. Hopefully we will soon have Middlehurst and Massam back from injury and Moores from suspension.. With a few exceptions we seemed to lack any enthusiasm or appetite for the game. At times I was convinced that the Dewsbury Moor u16 girls team (who were doing a collection at half time) could break through some of our tackling. Luckily for us Oldham and Swinton both lost heavily. We never seem to play well after a week off.

We need a vast improvement if we are to stand any chance against Batley next week. I can only hope.

This was the worst display of the season. I can't think of a single positive.

I can - your away support.

• Like 5