Hull League

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MJL said:

Can't see Brownies having to many West Hull first team as yet, Still playing games in the NCL I think

Oh that must be the reason there have called it off again!!! 

Did brownies call any games off last season when playing poor sides in division 1 I think this is a sign of brownies not wanting to play teams who will match em

The above problem of games not taking place is not just a rugby problem .

Mates dads bowls fixtures have been cut back as teams are dropping out of the local leagues .

Another mate is playing the same teams time and time again to get a game of table tennis .

Times are changing / changed !!

3 hours ago, Hullfan said:

Oh that must be the reason there have called it off again!!! 

Did brownies call any games off last season when playing poor sides in division 1 I think this is a sign of brownies not wanting to play teams who will match em

Apparently none of the teams had registered enough players 12 minimum before a game can take place, also insurance needs paying

23 hours ago, Defender1 said:

Apparently none of the teams had registered enough players 12 minimum before a game can take place, also insurance needs paying

The days of being registered in the summer and winter at the same time has gone, players are now required to be registered with the RFL

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

3 hours ago, Marauder said:

The days of being registered in the summer and winter at the same time has gone, players are now required to be registered with the RFL

Sorry Jim in Hull you are registered to the league you want to play in, still have to transfer and register I was talking to a coach from Hull Wyke they had to transfer their own players it would be the same going back to their own summer team.

i was speaking with a couple of lads who said we just want to play rugby, they may be going to RU to avoid the complications 

16 hours ago, Defender1 said:

Sorry Jim in Hull you are registered to the league you want to play in, still have to transfer and register I was talking to a coach from Hull Wyke they had to transfer their own players it would be the same going back to their own summer team.

i was speaking with a couple of lads who said we just want to play rugby, they may be going to RU to avoid the complications 

We've had to transfer 7 of our players back as well, the playing league has a list they get from league net which is controlled by the RFL, My point is a few seasons ago you could be registered with a winter and summer club at the same time but now you can't and  have to transfer.

Think Bransholme will be fine, cookie has been coaching Dockers and I believe a few lads are gonna play winter for him. Reckitts will always struggle and have done for years. But I agree I think we could be down to 6 teams by Feb/Mar time

3 hours ago, MJL said:

Think Bransholme will be fine, cookie has been coaching Dockers and I believe a few lads are gonna play winter for him. Reckitts will always struggle and have done for years. But I agree I think we could be down to 6 teams by Feb/Mar time

I remember the Premier division only having 5 teams years ago, Beecroft, Dockers, West Hull, Ace & Myson

1 hour ago, Marauder said:

I remember the Premier division only having 5 teams years ago, Beecroft, Dockers, West Hull, Ace & Myson

The difference then was there was other leagues below the premier, If teams drop out this season we could be left with 6 teams in total in the Hull league

11 minutes ago, MJL said:

The difference then was there was other leagues below the premier, If teams drop out this season we could be left with 6 teams in total in the Hull league

You need a change at the top and a re-think to make the competition more attractive, probably start with a good PRO who will take the job seriously and get back into The HDM, back in the day it used to give excellent coverage of the amateur game around Hull, rethink the season, does it have to be one 9 month season or could you divide it into two shorter seasons allowing promotion and relegation twice in one year - Does any of the committee go round Hull talking to the clubs ?

28 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

There ignorant dinosaurs, everyone of em. Even the referees are dinosaurs

some of the referees are shocking and god forbid you try to speak to them, no personality no banter and they are making the game not enjoyable. However until somebody has the time to take over this is what we are left with.

6 minutes ago, MJL said:

some of the referees are shocking and god forbid you try to speak to them, no personality no banter and they are making the game not enjoyable. However until somebody has the time to take over this is what we are left with.

Some Referree's are approachable, wheather they listen is a different, the Hull committee are an issue, they did ask for more members but nobody came forward, I think working alongside the current crop maybe the issue, so going round in circles 

Archived