Sign in to follow this  
TheDuke

Fryston Disband

According to reports they were denied entry by the pennine league and have disbanded their open age section, they are now focussing on youth development as a club

Aren't they the club who kicked off with Keighley in the challenge cup?.If they are,good.Let's hope they can teach their youth about the spirit of the game and that very important word,respect.

Fryston is just a name of a club its the players that should be banned if they are not welcome in the league im pretty sure they will move on mass to another club and be allowed to play 

• Like 1

Reap what you sow,comes to mind,somehow I don't think there will be many decrying their demise.

• Like 3

Fryston have some good players.I notice 2 of them have gone to Oxford[Land and  Cryer]to play semi-pro but they have other good players who are now available.

It's a real shame Fryston have been lost from the amateur game. Yes they had a certain aggression that belonged in days gone by RL, but nobody can deny they were a really talented outfit too. Honestly believe they'd have shown their true skill and quality if they'd have been allowed in the NCL. And for all the bad rep they have, they're certainly no worse than both Mayfield in the NCL and Queens in the Pennine. 

4 hours ago, topcentre21 said:

Fryston is just a name of a club its the players that should be banned if they are not welcome in the league im pretty sure they will move on mass to another club and be allowed to play 

As I've put in another post they'll just move to Methley and then back to Fryston in a few years time,and it goes on like that.

1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

It's a real shame Fryston have been lost from the amateur game. Yes they had a certain aggression that belonged in days gone by RL, but nobody can deny they were a really talented outfit too. Honestly believe they'd have shown their true skill and quality if they'd have been allowed in the NCL. And for all the bad rep they have, they're certainly no worse than both Mayfield in the NCL and Queens in the Pennine. 

True, but we are trying to move away from the Queens and Frystons of this world are we not.

36 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

As I've put in another post they'll just move to Methley and then back to Fryston in a few years time,and it goes on like that.

Cutsyke 

most have played there in summer 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, neutralfan said:

Fryston have some good players.I notice 2 of them have gone to Oxford[Land and  Cryer]to play semi-pro but they have other good players who are now available.

Yes , Cryer sin binned and Land sent off last weekend against Hunslet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Cutsyke an option

59 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Yes , Cryer sin binned and Land sent off last weekend against Hunslet.

We have two playing for Hunslet