Sign in to follow this  
TheDuke

Fryston Disband

Recommended Posts

According to reports they were denied entry by the pennine league and have disbanded their open age section, they are now focussing on youth development as a club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't they the club who kicked off with Keighley in the challenge cup?.If they are,good.Let's hope they can teach their youth about the spirit of the game and that very important word,respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fryston is just a name of a club its the players that should be banned if they are not welcome in the league im pretty sure they will move on mass to another club and be allowed to play 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reap what you sow,comes to mind,somehow I don't think there will be many decrying their demise.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fryston have some good players.I notice 2 of them have gone to Oxford[Land and  Cryer]to play semi-pro but they have other good players who are now available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a real shame Fryston have been lost from the amateur game. Yes they had a certain aggression that belonged in days gone by RL, but nobody can deny they were a really talented outfit too. Honestly believe they'd have shown their true skill and quality if they'd have been allowed in the NCL. And for all the bad rep they have, they're certainly no worse than both Mayfield in the NCL and Queens in the Pennine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, topcentre21 said:

Fryston is just a name of a club its the players that should be banned if they are not welcome in the league im pretty sure they will move on mass to another club and be allowed to play 

As I've put in another post they'll just move to Methley and then back to Fryston in a few years time,and it goes on like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

It's a real shame Fryston have been lost from the amateur game. Yes they had a certain aggression that belonged in days gone by RL, but nobody can deny they were a really talented outfit too. Honestly believe they'd have shown their true skill and quality if they'd have been allowed in the NCL. And for all the bad rep they have, they're certainly no worse than both Mayfield in the NCL and Queens in the Pennine. 

True, but we are trying to move away from the Queens and Frystons of this world are we not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

As I've put in another post they'll just move to Methley and then back to Fryston in a few years time,and it goes on like that.

Cutsyke 

 

most have played there in summer 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, neutralfan said:

Fryston have some good players.I notice 2 of them have gone to Oxford[Land and  Cryer]to play semi-pro but they have other good players who are now available.

Yes , Cryer sin binned and Land sent off last weekend against Hunslet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

As I've put in another post they'll just move to Methley and then back to Fryston in a few years time,and it goes on like that.

Cutsyke an option

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Yes , Cryer sin binned and Land sent off last weekend against Hunslet.

We have two playing for Hunslet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Online 25 May - June 2018

Rugby League World - June 2018 - Out Fri 25 May

Rugby League Books On Sale Here