Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Adelaide Tiger

91 Years of Hurt ... never stopped us dreaming!

24 posts in this topic

It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming,

The Shield is coming home,

It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming,

The Shield is coming home

It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming,

The Shield is coming home

Everyone seems to know the score, they've seen it all before

They just know, they're so sure

That Cas are gonna throw it away, gonna blow it away

But I know they can play

Cause I remember ....

A Tiger in each shirt

DP's eyes are gleaming

Ninety one years of hurt

Never stopped us dreaming 

So many jokes, so many sneers

But all those 'Oh so nears'

Wear you down throughout the years

But I see that tackle by Moors

And when Hardaker scores, Galey kicking the goals

And the Cas fans dancing

A Tiger in each shirt

DP's eyes are gleaming

Ninety one years of hurt

Never stopped us dreaming

It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming

It's coming home, it's coming home, it's coming

It's coming ....

Frank Sinatra eat your hat!

8 people like this

Don't give up the day job, but congrats to Cas. Whatever happens in the playoffs they have been a joy to watch at times this year.

2 people like this

I assume your statement 'Give up the day job' is aimed at Ian Broudie, Frank Skinner and David Baddeil as they wrote the smash number 1 hit and I just tweaked an improved version :ph34r:

It's a shame it's not a real shield and just a dinner plate. But Cas have been outstanding this year, deserve to finish top

If they lose on Thursday, they won't be presented it because "technically" Leeds can still win it!

There's only 336 points in it with 5 games to go. If Cas lose by 34 and Leeds win by 34 each game, then you never know!

43 minutes ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

It's a shame it's not a real shield and just a dinner plate. But Cas have been outstanding this year, deserve to finish top

Doesn't matter if its a dinner plate, a hub cap or a Blue Peter badge.  It is ours and we will all talk about it until the day we die.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Cas fully deserve the LLS but this rewrite of three lions really is vomit inducing.

Let the songwriters do their job and you stick to yours.

Edited by terrywebbisgod
3 people like this

1 hour ago, terrywebbisgod said:

Cas fully deserve the LLS but this rewrite of three lions really is vomit inducing.

Let the songwriters do their job and you stick to yours.

Beats listening to the Rhinos singing the Mighty Whites 'Marching on Together'.  At least I tweaked the 'vomit inducing' song rather than the Rhinos who cant be arrssed.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Beats listening to the Rhinos singing the Mighty Whites 'Marching on Together'.  At least I tweaked the 'vomit inducing' song rather than the Rhinos who cant be arrssed.

Rhinos bought the rights to the song when LUFC were in financial difficulties.

So it's their song.

Like I said "vomit inducing"

Don't expect a Grammy nomination.

Edited by terrywebbisgod

18 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Agree with both of you. The Leeds song makes me cringe, but then again so would yours if anyone ever sang it.

11 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

Rhinos bought the rights to the song when LUFC were in financial difficulties.

So it's their song.

Like I said "vomit inducing"

Don't expect a Grammy nomination.

I wont expect a grammy nomination ..... just the League Leaders Shield.  That will do nicely.

52 minutes ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

Mate you should know by now that we have won nothing, the LLS means nowt and we've peaked too early.

How dare you get giddy about the biggest achievement in the club's history 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Mate you should know by now that we have won nothing, the LLS means nowt and we've peaked too early.

Not knocking Cas's achievement as they have been by far the best team this year and fully deserve the LLS. Would you really rate it higher than winning the CC though?.

Edited by bobbruce

Well I think AT *does* deserve a Grammy nomination. And to sing it with Lady Gaga at the ceremony.

2 hours ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

You'll find most have praised Cas (myself included) and have wished them well in the playoffs but stated that in the big scheme of things the GF is a bigger prize than the LLS.

As for getting giddy,do so by all means being up for a possible double is fantastic.

Whatever happens in the Grand final , Cas have won the trophy that gives the best indication of who the best team over a season is , one decided by playing every other team home and away .

Not keen on the song pal,but i hope cas get to the G F and win it and i'am a Fev fan.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Whatever happens in the Grand final , Cas have won the trophy that gives the best indication of who the best team over a season is , one decided by playing every other team home and away .

You don't only play every team home and away and not every team is going all out to win it. So how is it a clear indication of who the best team over the season is. 

Note. Just answering that post and not taking anything away from Cas who have clearly been the best team so far. 

Edited by bobbruce

1 hour ago, ivans82 said:

If the LLS was the only trophy I'd agree with you but it's not and you appear to have forgotten about the Magic Weekend when Cas got their usual bye.

And if the best indicator of the season and biggest and only league trophy was the LLS then I rather fancy Cas wouldn't quite be the runaway winners they're obviously going to be in a week or so.

Other teams might just have upped their game a bit.

5 hours ago, Johnoco said:

Well I think AT *does* deserve a Grammy nomination. And to sing it with Lady Gaga at the ceremony.

Now the song's bee adapted to RL, maybe Lady Gaga will wear a dress made of meat pies for the occasion.

Let's face it, you wouldn't put it past her.

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

Now the song's bee adapted to RL, maybe Lady Gaga will wear a dress made of meat pies for the occasion.

Let's face it, you wouldn't put it past her.

Sounds like she's a dead cert for the GF entertainment.

4 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

If the LLS was the only trophy I'd agree with you but it's not and you appear to have forgotten about the Magic Weekend when Cas got their usual bye.

And if the best indicator of the season and biggest and only league trophy was the LLS then I rather fancy Cas wouldn't quite be the runaway winners they're obviously going to be in a week or so.

Other teams might just have upped their game a bit.

Yes beat second in league. But all the "best" teams were not trying.

To make an analogy with formula 1:

The 23 rounds are the 3 sessions of free practice, the super 8s is qualifying and the grand final is the race. 

By all means, celebrate being on pole position, but watch out for those Ferraris and Red Bulls in the race. Hopefully, you won't have an engine failure on lap 1 and can celebrate with champagne on the podium at Old Trafford. 

1 person likes this