Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheLegendOfTexEvans

USARL semi final live stream

21 posts in this topic

It's either a RU game or they are drop kicking kick offs in USARL. 

30 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

It's either a RU game or they are drop kicking kick offs in USARL. 

Its on at 18:45

1 person likes this

50 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Its on at 18:45

Ok ta

Why don't they place the camera on the other side to show the crowd ;-)

who'd of thought watching live RL from the US on a Saturday night, its great to watch the game played around the world

If the league there was more than an off-season thing for RU players it certainly would be great to see.

39 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

If the league there was more than an off-season thing for RU players it certainly would be great to see.

Same goes for the Ontario competition..

4 hours ago, Evil Homer said:

Same goes for the Ontario competition..

That makes no sense. In Ontario and the the "North" conference of the USARL, it is currently the RU season, so it can't be an "off-season" thing.

Maybe for the "South" conference teams?

42 minutes ago, ojx said:

That makes no sense. In Ontario and the the "North" conference of the USARL, it is currently the RU season, so it can't be an "off-season" thing.

Are you suggesting that the RL players in Ontario and the northern US aren't playing RU as well?  If so I'm very pleased to hear it.

1 hour ago, ojx said:

The USARL isn't really a RU off-season thing at all. Big Picture just doesn't like the USA.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Big Picture said:

Are you suggesting that the RL players in Ontario and the northern US aren't playing RU as well?  If so I'm very pleased to hear it.

That is exactly what I'm suggesting, as both RU & RL seasons are in the summer. We have real winters out here, not your puny UK winters. There is no rugby in the winter in the North East. Like I said, this may be possible in the Southern conference.

Edited by ojx
1 person likes this

Just now, ojx said:

That is exactly what I'm suggesting, as both RU & RL seasons are in the summer. We have real winters out here, not your puny UK winters. There is no rugby in the winter in the North East. Like I said, this may be possible in the Southern conference.

FYI I'm Canadian, and in my time I've seen much longer, colder and snowier winters than we get now in southern Ontario.

2 minutes ago, Big Picture said:

FYI I'm Canadian, and in my time I've seen much longer, colder and snowier winters than we get now in southern Ontario.

So why are you talking rubbish about the seasons?

1 minute ago, ojx said:

So why are you talking rubbish about the seasons?

I'm not.  I was under the impression that RU wasn't played in summer in the US, and was previously informed that USARL clubs are reliant on RU players to at least some degree.  Why else would they be playing a truncated season which only runs from June to August?

Here in Canada the Ontario RL has always played an even shorter season with only a handful of rounds, if those clubs are not reliant on RU players to at least some degree then why would they not play a longer season also?

Just now, Big Picture said:

I'm not.  I was under the impression that RU wasn't played in summer in the US, and was previously informed that USARL clubs are reliant on RU players to at least some degree.  Why else would they be playing a truncated season which only runs from June to August?

Here in Canada the Ontario RL has always played an even shorter season with only a handful of rounds, if those clubs are not reliant on RU players to at least some degree then why would they not play a longer season also?

I would agree that the Ontario season is suspiciously short and may well be using RU players. However, the USARL season is long enough to make it unlikely that the players are playing both codes at the same time in the North East.

And what are you on about the winters? There is no comparison. I have also lived in the UK and Canada. They are playing RL in February in the UK. That isn't happening here in Ontario. There is no comparison of the severity of the winters.

The New York RU comp runs spring and Autumn and breaks for the summer, although they play 7s in this time, so that's when the RL season fits. To put things into perspective there's more teams in one division of this local comp than in all of the USARL north, and there's several divisions. The USARL teams definitely rely on some union players and have some of their own.

Are you sure you too guys "discussing" the weather aren't English? It's our job to chat weather. 😀

On 12/08/2017 at 7:43 PM, Big Picture said:

Well a lot of the league games are on Sundays, so guys do play both.