Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
georgeb1

Turning the screw

14 posts in this topic

You guys walking it at Newcastle, in my book you are favourites to go up alongside Toronto.

It's a shame no one on the live match centre can keep up with the scores, what happened to the conversion at 26-0? I guessed we missed it but it would be nice to know!!!

You little teasers.ūüėÄ

1 person likes this

I thought it was deja vu all over again

This afternoon I saw the Bears snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Cruising to a win only to throw it away. I got back in time to listen to Radio Cumbria who told me it was almost half time and the Raiders were totally dominant. Then the turn around but at least Barrow clung on, so my evening isn't completely ruined.

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Bearman said:

I thought it was deja vu all over again

This afternoon I saw the Bears snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Cruising to a win only to throw it away. I got back in time to listen to Radio Cumbria who told me it was almost half time and the Raiders were totally dominant. Then the turn around but at least Barrow clung on, so my evening isn't completely ruined.

Cheer Up.  All long suffering Toronto Maple Leaf fans (hockey) know exactly how you feel in respect of snatching defeat from victory.  It lasted 46+ yrs... IT was only last season that they turned around. Maybe an arguement can be made that Canadians are stupid (or stupidly optimistic! ) since the Maple Leafs sold out virtually every single game (19k plus seating stadium) that entire time period.

I am aghast that Barrow almost lost to Newcastle.  That does not bode well for future games against York, Toronto and Keighley - all generally tough competition.  It has me worried the next Toronto game will be again a dud.

8 hours ago, Captain Survival said:

Cheer Up.  All long suffering Toronto Maple Leaf fans (hockey) know exactly how you feel in respect of snatching defeat from victory.  It lasted 46+ yrs... IT was only last season that they turned around. Maybe an arguement can be made that Canadians are stupid (or stupidly optimistic! ) since the Maple Leafs sold out virtually every single game (19k plus seating stadium) that entire time period.

I am aghast that Barrow almost lost to Newcastle.  That does not bode well for future games against York, Toronto and Keighley - all generally tough competition.  It has me worried the next Toronto game will be again a dud.

No, Barrow held on and won by 2 points

I got the impression we hardly had any possession in the 2nd half?? 

8 hours ago, Captain Survival said:

If Barrow have any sense then they will ensure that the Toronto game is a dud. The best Barrow can hope for is no injuries. No disrespect to Toronto but the other teams in the division are playing in their own mini league. Canada will see much more competitive games next year. Do you think that next year will see the fixtures arranged around Toronto's travel arrangements or will it revert back to what everyone else has to do ? one game at home one away 

2 people like this