Sign in to follow this  
Michael Ashton

Promotion?

Shipbuilder    30

A big cheer for Keighley

TMF    122

Damper I know, but WP have 4 games in a row at home. Does anybody think they won't go up? The big, big game is next Sunday. Come on guys/gals, get your family/mates down to CP. I think York will bring a good support. 

• Like 2

willow    0

After watching Keighley game I wish we were playing Toronto at home 

thought they were average away from home, different kettle of fish at home 

TMF    122

Exactly willow. But let's not get into that argument again.

As the Wolfpack hit the home straight with 4 home games..the gap between them and Barrow is just 2 points(albeit points difference worth  an extra point).

If both teams were to win their next 2 games...both at home(Wolfpack v Newcastle/Haven...Raiders v York/Worky) then the promotion decider will be ...wait for it....Toronto V Barrow ..9th September.....a  Home win  guarantees promotion,even an away win would probably just delay promotion by a week...??

alba    72

Every so often during a season a game comes up, witch will show us how the team is doing, the team played near to it's best in the eights game at Whitehaven, the next match is just as important, and I am sure the team will put on a their "A" game for the rest of the season, and hopefully we will have the biggest crowd of the year.

• Like 1

With just 4 games to go before the top 5 is decided..who's going to make the cut..??Newcastle and Worky look to have too much to do and with Keighley having a better points difference than the Dons they could clinch the 5th spot.York might nick the 3rd place from Haven with the trek to Toronto likely to give York the advantage the week after..?

I'm going for a Barrow v Keighley /York v Haven  semi final line up with Keighley at Barrow for a second consecutive Sunday.

Michael Ashton    103

I'm a bit puzzled by the thought of Raiders v Toronto on 9/9 for the Championship. I think Toronto without doubt will be champions and we will win the top 4  and probably (hopefully) beat Haven at home.

2 hours ago, Michael Ashton said:

I'm a bit puzzled by the thought of Raiders v Toronto on 9/9 for the Championship. I think Toronto without doubt will be champions and we will win the top 4  and probably (hopefully) beat Haven at home.

..not for the Championship..but the match that actually sees Toronto promoted with a home win

2 hours ago, weighman said:

Do not write off Doncaster , bit of an ask , but we can win 3 out of 4.

COYD

..good point Weighman but Keighley have "momentum" and could win all 4 ...with points difference they could pip the Dons ...similarly York are in good form but some massive games coming up.

barrow v York..haven v Keighley...York v dons...haven v York...barrow v Keighley probably the crucial matches.

morty    216

all crucial games for everyone now....none of them easy

Edited by morty

I think L1 is proving to be quite exciting all the way around. And some maudlin play from TWP at a time when no one expected them to falter has really ratched up the mix for everyone.  Should be an exciting finish to the season for all and I would have to think that many a player on all the teams will have no issues finding motivation.

I believe Barrow is still the strongest club besides TWP for promotion.  The question is Barrow's prospects in Championship - will it dwell in the cellar or do you feel they have a chance being strong opposition for the other C clubs?  I have read tons of commentary on how everyone feels TWP will fare in championship but nothing on the prospects of whatever other club might be joining them.  So what does one make of Barrow's competitive prospects if they are promoted?

morty    216
4 hours ago, Captain Survival said:

I believe Barrow is still the strongest club besides TWP for promotion.  The question is Barrow's prospects in Championship - will it dwell in the cellar or do you feel they have a chance being strong opposition for the other C clubs?  I have read tons of commentary on how everyone feels TWP will fare in championship but nothing on the prospects of whatever other club might be joining them.  So what does one make of Barrow's competitive prospects if they are promoted?

In my opinion we will need to strengthen a lot to compete

• Like 1

spanishknight    214
1 hour ago, morty said:

In my opinion we will need to strengthen a lot to compete

Whoever goes up will have to strengthen especially  Toronto if they want to get into S/L, but us lesser teams need at least 4 or 5 players just to stop up.

....3 to play and The Dons defeat at Workington could prove costly with trips to York and Toronto coming up.Keighley could still sneak the 5 th spot .

Probable play off line up....Barrow v Keighley/ Haven v York........All Cumbrian Final anyone...??

RobertAM    409

looking forward to welcoming Barrow and hopefully a good number of travelling fans to the den on the 9th..going to be a crackerjack game....

weighman    95

Well Dons now have to win at York & home to Newcastle . Lets hope Keighley's bubble has burst ,(please). To be honest we donot deserve to come 5th we are not consistent enough.