Sign in to follow this  
BigCliff

Division 2 Relegation Battle

After seeing Drig put on their best performance I've seen since admission to NCL (that I've watched anyway) putting Millom to the sword 86-0. I thought it was too little too late in the season; but was told during the game it was 2 and not 3 to be relegated... is this right?

If so, who will survive the drop?

1 hour ago, neutralfan said:

Its 2 down.I cant see Drig going down especially now they have got Pennington back from Hunslet warriors.Looks like Salford roosters and Millom to me?

Why has it changed from three?

If you go onto the National conference league website go into ABOUT and then into COMPETITION STRUCTURE and Division Two says that 2 teams are relegated.

i cant see drig going down neutralfan they got 2 games in hand if they beat saddleworth at home this saturday think they be safe nice to see drig back to there best bigcliff

42 minutes ago, Mr Smeaton said:

I just looked at league structure it says three down from division two 

Yep

2017 SEASON STRUCTURE

PREMIER DIVISION:

•    Champions decided by top-six Play-Off
•    Three teams relegated

DIVISION ONE:

• Three teams promoted (two automatically, one via play-offs)
• Three teams relegated

DIVISION TWO:

• Three teams promoted (two automatically, one via play-offs)
• Three teams relegated

DIVISION THREE:

•    Three teams promoted (two automatically, one via play-offs)
•    Bottom two clubs must seek re-election

Someone's changed it between 7th August & now!!!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://nationalconferenceleague.co.uk/leagues__competitions/national_conference_league/about/competition_structure

Competition rules state:

CR 10.0 Promotion/Relegation

CR10.1 Promotion and relegation issues throughout the divisional structure will be determined annually by the League’s Management Committee at the pre-season meeting with the bottom two teams in the lowest division being obliged to seek re-election.

Anyone know where the minutes are held to this meeting?

There is no thanks from the RFL big cliff for us bringing their attention to their mistake?That was altered from 2 to 3 sometime yesterday so somebody from the RFL does read this website?Correct me if I am wrong?

They have 5 games left and NOW THERE IS DEFO 3 TEAMS RELEGATED  have to beat Leigh East at Leigh on September 2nd if they are going to stay up.They can do it imo but your right Brassey they probably have to win every game.

It seems it was a mistake on the website. But it shouldn't be of any surprise to the competing clubs as it was always 3 up 3 down

17 hours ago, neutralfan said:

There is no thanks from the RFL big cliff for us bringing their attention to their mistake?That was altered from 2 to 3 sometime yesterday so somebody from the RFL does read this website?Correct me if I am wrong?

I think we would be waiting a while for a thanks, but definitely someone from RFL is checking this page.

Well I thought it was 3 up & down originally, but then when told it was 2 down it made sense, as would put 12 in the top 2 divisions and 13 in div 2 & 3. Now Rylands & Elland have dropped out; have they changed their minds so that all the divisions are equal number? (just throwing it out there)

However if all clubs were notified of the structure at the beginning of the season there should be no argument.

Will Blackbrook get relegated twice from Division 1? On results and failing to show.

I know it's happened before to Dudley Hill and I think Leigh East.

1 hour ago, beefy1 said:

Will Blackbrook get relegated twice from Division 1? On results and failing to show.

I know it's happened before to Dudley Hill and I think Leigh East.

Yup we haven't really recovered from that. Club in my eyes made a mistake not giving Mick Hill the job for the season all that happened. Look at how he is doing now he was primed for our job