Sheffield Eagles Game

andyram

Sunday's game with the Eagles will be another tough one to predict.Think Ned will enjoy this one even more if we come out winners.

Sure he will remember the Easter Monday game where he could see the real problems with the team after his first match return, after that win against the Bulldogs. 

Also there's the small chance of catching the Eagles up in the table,if we win.

The absent of Moore won't help,if not playing this weekend.

Still think we have enough to win this one:

Eagles 22 - 34 Rams

NK said in his radio interview on Sunday that GM will definitely miss this game and that his injury will need assessing before any other decisions are made. I would guess that the results of this assessment will be available by the end of this week.

In my eyes Speakman has improved enormously under the new coaching regime and should make a good replacement for GM in this match. This should also provide another opportunity for Sam Day to further impress the fans.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, jamesb0551 said:

Another tough test, I believe walshaw is back which should strengthen our defence at centre hope moores playing as we are a much better side with him, takes so much weight off the shoulders of Sykes. Rams win by ten and hopefully enough rams there to make it like a home game ?

Gee whiz. The way that Glover and   Hallett  have been playing surely we won't have walshaw in the centre.  He needs to go back in the pack, probably giving Rob a break ( though not easy to drop rob either given his latest form)

i think it will be tough away and without Gaz but will be a good marker of how we have progressed. 

Was interesting to hear about Sam Day being dropped but with Dom presumably playing at 7 as BSJ says we should have room for both Ward and Day. Interesting decisions for Ned to be sure. 

2 hours ago, andyram said:

IMG_20170818_152810.jpg

Good team that.  We will need to be at our best and hope that Dom can carry on where Gaz left off.  Looking forward to seeing Sykes opposite Yere and Lo again mind.  Massive highlight last time out for me...

20 hours ago, andyram said:

IMG_20170818_152810.jpg

I see it's £18 on the gate tomorrow!  Those boys know what to charge.  Mind, it is one of the nicest grounds with the best facilities.  I didn't go to Leigh in the past because I thought they were robbing us but at least they had a decent ground. 

The  letter "S" has fallen off Tranqulizer's budgie smugglers  :lol:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

On 8/18/2017 at 1:33 PM, andyram said:

IMG_20170818_152810.jpg

Pretty well the same squad as when we played them at our place. As long as we don't get jetlag from the journey we should be in with a shout.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

5 hours ago, graham fisher said:

I fancy our chances today,Gareth Moore is a big loss for us but the way Dom Speakman as played since Ned took over I'm not too worried.

Eagles 22

Rams 28

Fts Glover

Mom Glover

Att 428 

Seen the result and I'm pinching myself. Dogs dropped a point too. :O

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 minute ago, coolie said:

Great result today for the boys let's get what we can in to try keep this team together next season 

Let's smash the £1300 barrier soon :)

Wonder if Ned can cure my arthritis.:tongue:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Just wait the wheels will come off just after he signs a 6 year deal ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I thought today was a real defining game ..... I wondered how much of our recent form was down to Gaz Moore ... and how much was down to improved fitness and coaching!!! 

What a great day ... we are fitter and faster than at any time in the last 4 years .... The team spirit is amazing!

James Glover ....  where has that extra pace come from .... Toby Adamson ... WOW!! ...  Sam Day ... got to sign him!!

I haven't enjoyed Sunday afternoons as much as this for some time!!   

Excellent result. Every time Sheffield got back into the game we never gave up and just kept plugging away and taking our chances. Thought Sam Day was outstanding along with both Toby's, Dale, James Glover and Dom. No Rob or Gareth Moore and we still pulled it out. Superb.

Once again nobody had a poor game and the team spirit is excellent. I don't want GM to be out any longer than it takes to get him properly fit but feel that we can afford to have him miss the next game too. Speakman had a very good game today and Day added that little spark of magic that we needed at the time. We were never behind at all throughout the match and just kept coming back at them whenever they were looking confident.

I wonder what sort of team Sheffield will have available next year.

got to agree with all the comments so far.  Amazing result considering we were without Gaz,  Hard and probably unfair to single anyone out but thought Sam Day was outstanding ..Please, please we gotta try and get him for next season..

Never say die spirit was really obvious too but was really pleasing today was the defence...They are a really strong outfit going forward but we held out so many times...  Yere kept out again, well done Sykes!!!

Most pleased that my prediction was incorrect. We got at them from the start and didn't let up. Getting that early lead set us up nicely. Our defence was good when we stopped them running, but allow Sheffield any bit of room they can cause teams problems and we saw that, especially when Lo got his try.

Like others, it would be unfair to single out anyone, but it was good to see Day with his scurries and Glover seems to like scoring from distance. Our forwards are a good unit and today's change of second-rowers were as good as last week's. My only disappointment in the game was JT's needless penalty on the last tackle, which allowed Sheffield to score from the penalty.

It really feels good to support Dewsbury right now; if only the change had come a little earlier, well...

Legs, Dews, Legs.

50 minutes ago, Old 49er said:

If we had played like this earlier in the season, would a change in the coaching staff have been considered ??

Obviously not, but we weren't playing like this, nothing remotely like this and If we hadn't changed coach we wouldn't be playing anything like we are now.  Not only were we poor under GM we played a style of rugby that scared away a number of fans that we will find it difficult to get back. People won't pay to be bored senseless?

Archived