Sign in to follow this  
TMF

TW

Recommended Posts

TMF    114

An interesting post on TW site less than an hour ago. Please read. Are the wheels coming off already?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TMF    114

I am scrumhalf. Seems an up and coming SOCCER team are eyeing the ground up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-08-16 at 2:41 PM, TMF said:

An interesting post on TW site less than an hour ago. Please read. Are the wheels coming off already?

There is no post of any kind on the 16th on the Wolfpack website. 

8 hours ago, TMF said:

I am scrumhalf. Seems an up and coming SOCCER team are eyeing the ground up.

Perhaps we speak a different English in Canada but what do you mean by "eyeing the ground up" and please explain the context of a soccer team doing such and the relationship to the Wolfpack?

Taking a stab in the dark at your train of thought - the Wolfpack play at a municipally owned stadium which is multiuse, and certainly can accomodate more then one team playing out of it - just their home games cannot be the same day.  In fact your or I could hop on the city website and rent the entire stadium, for just a couple hundred dollars for a 3 hr block of time!

The city is getting sponsorship accredation from the WolfPack so I suspect that they have struck a deal, and no one is pushing out TWP from priority use of the grounds.

Finally, your initial question of "are the wheels coming off already?" implies that you have some anxiety (or perhaps hope) that they are?  IF so, I assess your barking up the wrong tree.  The sponsorship list for the Wolfpack has grown dramatically as the season has progressed, and unless it rains cats and dogs Saturday I suspect a new record crowd.

Edited by Captain Survival
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TMF    114

Hi skipper. It was based on an a post on this page (Right hand side of page, but has been over taken by other posts). As for 'hoping ' the wheels come off, not at all. I've already posted on WP site I wish you all good luck and i know you will make a success of things. It's not you or your teams fault that RL have made such a mess of things and other teams have had to suffer. In fact on this page today is a post from 'The daddy' slating the RL over the 'Complete mess of expansion that the RL has made and calling for Nigel Wood to go. As you may or not know, there is a petition calling for his head signed by RL supporters across all clubs. Not just over expansion but the problems the game is facing at the moment. 

I would wish you luck this Saturday but sorry, not while we're chasing you, although i doubt we'll catch you. So here's hoping we will meet you next season and then at least we'll get to see you play.

PS. Wished I knew about renting your ground for a couple hundred dollars. I would of done that and locked you beggers out. Just kiddin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ojx    450
On 8/16/2017 at 2:41 PM, TMF said:

An interesting post on TW site less than an hour ago. Please read. Are the wheels coming off already?

Sorry TWP will still be here, Lamport Stadium is already used by multiple soccer teams. It is a city owner multi-use stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-08-18 at 10:48 AM, TMF said:

Hi skipper. It was based on an a post on this page (Right hand side of page, but has been over taken by other posts). As for 'hoping ' the wheels come off, not at all. I've already posted on WP site I wish you all good luck and i know you will make a success of things. It's not you or your teams fault that RL have made such a mess of things and other teams have had to suffer. In fact on this page today is a post from 'The daddy' slating the RL over the 'Complete mess of expansion that the RL has made and calling for Nigel Wood to go. As you may or not know, there is a petition calling for his head signed by RL supporters across all clubs. Not just over expansion but the problems the game is facing at the moment. 

I would wish you luck this Saturday but sorry, not while we're chasing you, although i doubt we'll catch you. So here's hoping we will meet you next season and then at least we'll get to see you play.

PS. Wished I knew about renting your ground for a couple hundred dollars. I would of done that and locked you beggers out. Just kiddin.

Hi TMF.  I read your comments both here and in the TWP forum subsection and now understand what you are getting at.  Thanks for not being negative.  My misunderstanding - for me a "site" is a website, not another forum subsection.... lol..

I am sure the idea of locking out TWP by attempting to buy out the stadium time has occurred to more then one foe of the TWP! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



League Express - Mon 28th Aug 2017

Rugby League World - Sept 2017